“Great stay!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
new york city
“Great stay!!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed at the Sofitel for business. Excellent location, very central. Staff were great. Always pleasant and accomodating. Room was a nice size and had great mirrors. (I find few hotels have full length mirrors)!!

Would highly recommend and definitely would go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Really, there isn't one thing we did not like about our stay in that hotel!
From the very start, the experience was very agreable. Alban welcomed us warmly at the reception, the staff in the hotel restaurant was genuinely nice and helpful and the food was great!
I even have only good things to say about the housekeeping staff. The housekeeper who took care of our room, Malissa, did a great job and even noticed we were running out of toothpaste and let a sample for us.
It is perfectly located if you are here to visit monuments and museums. And we did not hear any noise at all during our stay, which is very important to me as a light sleeper! From our experience, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandolliou
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Great location and everything you would expect in a great hotel. Very clean hotel and room, comfortable bed, a pillow menu, fantastic room service and very helpful staff. They provided extra towels when needed, an umbrella, silverware so we could take our dessert to our room and anything else we asked. The concierge provided dinner reservations, maps, directions and recommendations. Front desk staff, especially Ana, were extremely helpful and they even provided a late checkout for us. So very happy with this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is my fourth night at the Sofitel and I am looking forward to a good night's sleep (again!). Very comfortable bed, room is spotless and comfortable, air exchange is a soft sound -- no loud air conditioner noises to keep you awake. All the staff members are attentive, helpful and friendly! I returned from dinner out and before heading to my room, decided I wanted some chocolate, so I asked the bellperson, Rochdi, where the closest CVS was so I could run over and buy a chocolate bar. I returned to the hotel with my chocolate bar in hand and was greeted by Rochdi, who was smiling ear to ear. I thanked him for the directions and then went to my room where I found a small box of incredibly delicious chocolates and a note from Rochdi "please accept my small chocolate [gift]" waiting for me in my room! I can't say enough about the wonderful staff here -- made my stay here perfect!

Room Tip: Rooms booked through travel sites on the web, I am told, do not have a view of the City, the view wa...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Picture one sister in Connecticut and the other in SW Virginia, with gas prices rising and airline tickets through the roof; how do they meet? Ride the Amtrak into Washington DC for a weekend of family bonding. We planned to meet at Union Square and stay the Sofitel. I'd like to share what we found.

The Sofitel is located a block from the McPherson Station (orange or blue line). My train was late, and we were therefore late getting to the hotel. The staff was warm and welcoming. They assured us that they had taken care of everything and our room was ready.

We needed two beds and a quiet room. Many of their rooms have different configurations, so talk with the reservation clerk about what you need. We were placed in a long room, with the bathroom tucked around a corner (nice when you don't want a light in your eyes).

The beds are wonderful, very plush and clean. The duvet is freshly laundered and there isn't a sheet to tangle about you. A down comforter in a fresh duvet cover, lovely. There are four pillows on each bed and vary in firmness, perfect for any preference.

The bath is brilliant with a wonderful tub and separate shower. The products are wonderful and beautifully arranged. There is even fresh bamboo cuttings in the bath: great zen touch. Our room faced the back of the Veteran's Affairs building. We had lovely curtains that covered the tall windows with elegance, so we didn't need to look at a view. Step outside and you are two blocks from the capital. Great location.

Our first night we ate in their restaurant and had a wonderfully careful french meal prepared. The chef even walked about the restaurant and greeted each table. It was lovely and peaceful.

We are now tucked into our room watching a movie together and getting ready to depart tomorrow. I have to say, it has been wonderful. I would say that this is was a perfect place to gather. We will be back.

Room Tip: Talk to the reservation clerk, they will do anything they can to make your stay wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family