1,833 results
All reviews trader joe's across the street full kitchen living room foggy bottom metro trader joe s white house minute walk separate kitchen dining table whole foods front desk staff two queen beds pull out couch home away from home walking distance location is great lincoln memorial
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

On a short business trip to D.C. I stayed at the Avenue Suites Georgetown. I was pleasantly surprised. Not a 5 Star by any stretch but a very strong 3 Star or low 4 Star that I would recommend for business and pleasure travelers alike without hesitation. Affordable, clean, and very close to Georgetown with plenty of excellent restaurants in close proximity to the hotel. My room was spacious and comfortable. The front desk staff were excellent—extremely friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
JohnPaulWood, Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hi Redmcx,
Thank you very much for your stay with us and your review. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of the area as well, which is really great. I am also very happy to see that you enjoyed your guest service experience with the team, I know they love to see this as well.

Please do not hesitate to call on us in the future for anything that you may need. We would be more than happy to assist.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Incredible amenities, facilities, and staff. My only negative from our entire stay was the parking that was $42/day. The night before, we stayed at a hotel that was one block from the National Mall and our parking was only $23/day.

The room was impeccable. Plenty of space for our family. We felt like royalty from the moment we arrived. This was a spur of the moment reservation booked through Southwest and I'm glad we did it. You won't regret the decision to stay here.

Room Tip: Excellent rooms and impeccable service.
1  Thank okprepguru
JohnPaulWood, Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi okprepguru,
Thank you for your amazing review. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. We could not ask for a better compliment and I know the team is so proud of this.

We of course would love to have you back with us. Please do not hesitate to call on us with anything that you may need in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Decor needs updating, exposed wires, out dated appliances, no air conditioning for room whole hotel is either hot or cold not worth the money however the front desk crew was very nice and do deserve compliments

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
JohnPaulWood, Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Ronald C,
Thank you for your review. This is very helpful for us to ensure we improve in any areas that we need too. i am happy to see that you did have a good experience with the team, I am disappointed that we could not provide the room experience that you expected. We would love to see you again to ensure you have the full experience that you should have received on this last visit.
Please do not hesitate to call on us with anything that you may need.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My daughter had an appointment to see a doctor near to this hotel, so I booked the Avenue Suites hotel primarily for the location to the clinic. But I had also called and was told that the parking area would have a place for us to park our RV. Everyone on the staff was so kind and accommodating when I first called, and when we arrived it was the same. Eunice helped us to park our RV in the lot so we could wait there until our room was ready. We had traveled ahead of a snow storm and we arrived early before checkin time, and they let us know as soon as our room was ready. The entire staff was so kind and helpful and our room was perfect for our needs. The restaurant downstairs had a variety of pizzas that were so good, and the lobby was a warm and inviting place for the happy hour in the evening. It was so nice to have the Trader Joe's across the street and to be able to cook meals in the room. My sister and her husband walked to the White House and were able to get some pictures there while I was at my daughter's appointment. The location of the hotel is ideal. The staff and the hotel made a challenging situation very manageable as this was our first trip here and we were not sure what to expect. We appreciated so much the kindness and caring of everyone we encountered. I even had one staff member (who I didn't get his name) bring me a box of kleenex and some bottled water when he observed my sister and me in the lobby talking about the day and crying. We will be making additional trips to Washington, DC and will definitely stay here again. Thank you so much for your great customer service and your kindness to my family.

HI shoverdk,
Thank you for much for your stay with us and your review. I know the team is loves to read this as well. I can imagine how hard of a trip this must have been, and we are honored that we could be of any help during this time. I am also grateful to read that you will return to see us in the future. We of course would love to have you back with us. Please call on us directly and we will be more than happy to assist in any way that we can.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The hotel location is great - at the corner of Pennsylvania Av and 25st in Georgetown. Walking distance to Foggybottom metro and just a few steps from the bus stop.
Just a few Metro stops to DC attractions
Check-in was efficient and the staff were very friendly and professional.
The rooms was spacious and reasonably quiet considering the location. The kitchenette was functional although the appliances were aged and noisy. Could use an upgrade!
Just about half-a-mile is downtown Georgetown with trendy shops and lots of eateries.
The surroundings were clean and safe.
There is a Trader Joe just about 100 feet from the hotel - very handy if you want to grab a TV dinner and a bottle of wine!
TVs in the room were clunky and didn't have that many channels to watch.
Internet was choppy - not good if you need to do serious business work.
Once again, the staff were great!

Room Tip: High floors away from the lift towards the back of the hotel - not much choice per se
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
JohnPaulWood, Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi madhu p,
Thank you so much for your stay with us and your review! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed both the hotel experience as well as the Location. I agree, we are in such a great part of DC.
Thank you as well for your thoughts for the rooms. We are in fact working now to improve the technology of the rooms with all new TV's and upgraded cabling. This should be all done for a future trip!
We would love to welcome you back, so please do not hesitate to call on use with anything that you may need in the future!

Thank you again for your stay with us.