“Best Croque Monsieur since my visit to Paris”
Review of Paul

Paul
Ranked #6 of 63 Bakeries in Washington DC
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 September 2017

As close to Paris as you are going to get for a french bakery. Great choices at reasonable prices. Don't miss out!!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Stopped into Paul for coffee and dessert. The options all looked amazing and ended up getting 3 to split between the two of us! We were not disappointed! All were delicious! The palmier was particularly good! I will definitely stop in the next time I'm in DC!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

When in Paris one of my favourite things to do is go to Paul in the Marais and by an apricot tart. Their croissants, everything is sublime. NOT SO HERE!!!!! I don't mind paying for quality but I resent paying for shabby quality. Our lemon tart was awful. the pastry hard and I could taste rancid butter in the pastry. I have a real thing about rancid butter I can taste it a mile away. To top everything off I bought two croissants and when I took them out of the bag to eat later we discovered they were burnt on the bottom. This would never happen in France. They would be shut down by angry customers. The service was bad. It is one place to avoid when in Washington!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We were tired after walking around all day, so we wanted to stop somewhere for a coffee and croissant. Got a croissant, blueberry tart, and a mocha coffee. It was really nice to just sit outside to eat and watch the people pass by. The place had a nice ambiance.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Very expensive. For the price the sandwiches were only ok (and small) and the salmon salad was actively bad.

The cappuccinos were pretty great and the deserts were ok. Trip advisor recommended it to us for breakfast. Don't go their for breakfast—go there if you want coffee and a desert