“Good food”

Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Paul is a cafe/restaurant chain, I've seen it in Belgium and Portugal before. The bread and the pastries are really good - especially in contrast to American breakfast.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

I have to be fair and say we went on a Saturday (which means mostly empty streets in downtown DC). I found the food good, but nothing special. Prices were good and the outdoor patio drew us to it. Tables outside are literally falling apart and very wobbly (we weren't the only ones struggling). Benefit of the doubt...maybe it's end of patio season. I'd say walk a few more blocks and you'll find other French bistro options with more character and better tables!.

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Coffee selection was incredibly limited based on the menu and the pumpkin spice lattes we ordered were lukewarm, not exactly good for a brisk morning. Service was also inattentive, using ceramic mugs when I told them I wanted my order to go. All in all a poor experience.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Group of Girl Scouts trip. The bread was tougher than they were used to and the ingredients more high end, but the parents LOVED it. The sandwiches were fantastic. The soup was amazing. The desserts were heavenly. The price was right. A bit of Europe in DC. The staff was great. Helped with recommendations and followed up to see how we liked it.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Paul bakery use to be an average bakery. If you're hungry and there is absolutely nothing else then try Paul. The food is very low quality. Sandwiches looks old sort of like airport sandwich shops in United States. The cleanness is very average. If you want to eat a decent cheap food there are so many other places you can try.