3,271 results
All reviews white house grist mill great location metro station directly across the street within walking distance national mall few blocks street noise blue line would stay here again breakfast buffet indoor pool restaurant staff front desk staff smithsonian museums sight seeing
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed here (September 2108).It is a very convenient location. We were able to walk to most sites and museums. Anything that is a bit further, we would just grab a bike from the local bike sharing service.The service was very good and the dinner menu good for its value. (must try the mac and cheese).The breakfast buffet, for the price, left much to desire. There are many great place within walking distance that served much better food for about the same price.My main issue with this hotel was that the windows are not very well insulated. What I meant by this was you can hear the street noise very clearly.We stayed on the 7th floor facing 14 street. I am not a light sleeper.However, with the commercial garbage pickup in the middle of the night and the traffic noise, I was woken up almost every night (between 1-4am) during my stay. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again but maybe getting a room not facing the 14th street.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
00gc, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We are happy your overall experience was pleasant but sorry for the issues which kept it from being perfect. We appreciate you choosing our hotel, and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am a loyal Hilton Honors member and will choose Hilton over any other brand for whatever city I'm visiting. This hotel is definitely worth the stay. It was clean, and comfortable. It is centrally located and only a minutes walk from sites such as the African American Museum. My family and I took full advantage of being able to walk to our destinations with ease. Wonderful hotel. The only disappointment was at checkout, the hotel desk clerk was more occupied with texting on his phone then paying attention to me, which I found very unprofessional and annoying. But one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch!! This hotel is definitely a great choice.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tamika, thank you for being loyal to our brand and for reviewing the Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown. We are glad you had a comfortable stay and that our location was ideal for your needs. However, we regret the inconvenience you had at the time of your check-out. Your feedback will be used as a training tool to improve our future guests’ experiences. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m not sure how recently the hotel was renovated, but the rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. Everything was clean and the staff was very helpful and polite. Unfortunately if you are a light sleeper, the sounds from the street are easily heard and the air conditioner was unusually loud.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We are happy your overall experience was pleasant but sorry for the issues which kept it from being perfect. We appreciate you choosing our hotel, and we hope you will give us an opportunity to improve your impression of us the next time your travels bring you this way.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location and close to proximity to tourist attractions. Had a full suite and the room was amazing! Clean, spacious, and more than enough space for two people. The food, drinks, and service from the bar was great

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the amazing review of the Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown. We are glad you loved our location and that you were impressed with your clean and comfortable accommodations. We appreciate your nice comments about our in-house bar and look forward to your next visit.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we arrived curbside, we were told that the only parking available was Valet parking, which is OK, I guess; but not at $55.46/day (including taxes). WOW! That's expensive parking. What is worse, there is self-parking next door and within the same block at half the price. The fact that their bellmen did not volunteer this information/option leaves me feeling sour and disingenuous on their part. Shame on Hilton management for allowing this. I did notify their management, and they just shrugged their shoulder, not a caring answer. So, if you want to save some money, park your own car at any garage on or near/ around the block for half the price.

Stayed: August 2018

Thank you for taking time to evaluate our hotel. We apologize you were unhappy with the cost of our valet service. We are competitively priced, but due to limited parking here and in the downtown area, parking can be expensive. We hope this didn’t overshadow your otherwise nice visit and that you will choose us again in the future.