2,904 results
All reviews harry's pub stone's throw restaurant metro stop convention hotel huge hotel national cathedral stayed at the marriott the concierge lounge large conference typical marriott conference attendees great conference connecticut ave adams morgan the red line metro self parking outdoor pool
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Dirty outside, a dead rat sat in the gutter along the sidewalk fior the entire week of our visit. UGH! Hotel itself was clean and nice. Attended a conference here. Set up left much to be desired, the multi level set up was akward for moving from session to session

Date of stay: July 2017
TeamMarriott, Resident Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear JuneL,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. Exceptional service and cleanliness for every guest is our highest priority, so we apologize that you had an unsatisfactory experience due to the premises of our hotel not being as pristine our interior. We would also like to apologize that the convention you attended was not set up in a more accessible manner. We have shared your feedback with the team so that appropriate adjustments can be made. We value you as a guest and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

National Zoo is just across the street as is DC Metro station to launch you into the Nations Capital. Great restaurants and amenities as well. All the business amenities exist as it has extensive conference space however this is good family location as well.

Room tip: Stay in main building away from parking. Unless your driving everywhere.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mike p
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear mike p,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park and for your very kind review. We are glad you enjoyed our quiet haven in the heart of the city and had a pleasant time with us. It was our pleasure accommodating you, and we hope you will make us your home away from home whenever your travels bring you to our city.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

the conference planners most likely didn't order enough coffee for this heavy caffeine crowd. so i went with a buddy to the market where illy coffee was and saw a marriott team member. mentioned we were there because our conference coffee pots were empty and he immediately said coffee was on the illy house and raced to banquets to figure out how to get more coffee flowing for the conference! wow!

Room tip: i loved the mezzanine floor - easy access to everything!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear lisamillassoc,

Thank you for your kind words about the Washington Marriott Wardman Park. Irrespective of any circumstances, our staff always endeavors to do everything needed for an exceptional experience. Thanks again for recognizing their efforts, and we hope to be your hotel of choice whenever you are back in this area.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

This is not the best Marriott. It's a large, conference hotel. The rooms could use an update. Bathrooms are small and cramped. Small and crowded pool with no hot tub. The concierge lounge closes at 12pm on Friday, so you can't even go in and grab a soda.

But the most disappointing thing was in how my late check-out request was handled. First, I was told I'd need to pay a fee if it's after 12pm (I'm a Gold member). I had to remind them that I was a Gold member and was then approved for a 2pm checkout. I was told that I needed to swap out my keys at the front desk so that they'd work after 12pm. I did so. Guess what? 12:10pm came and I couldn't get into my room - and it's a long walk back to reception! OK. So, got that resolved, got into my room and put the privacy card on my door. That didn't stop housekeeping from opening my door in the middle of a conference call and not-too-pleasantly asking when my checkout is after I advised that I have a late checkout. This level of hassle is something I don't usually deal with at Marriott hotels.

I won't stay at this hotel again. I far prefer the Omni, which is very close by. The location is the only good part - beautiful, green area with lots of restaurants and cafes a 5 minute walk away and the wonderful National Zoo just down the street.

Room tip: Ask to be close to the elevators if you want to avoid a long walk
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Resident Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Sunny77777,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for our the unsatisfactory service you received over your late checkout, and for the other issues you encountered. We were pleased to see you enjoyed our location, but we want our guests to love every aspect of their stay. We are sorry that wasn't the case this time. We have shared your observations with our management team for their immediate attention. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us again as we would like you to experience the hotel as you should have on this visit.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I checked into the Marriott Wardman Park on Tuesday June 12 arriving into Union Station via Amtrak. I hopped on the Metro Red Line and 5 stops and 13 minutes later I was checking in. The staff was friendly, polite and courteous. The room was spacious and well appointed. I had a great meal from Fresh Bites and a great experience in the Club Lounge. For business travelers looking for an option to other DC properties, the Marriott Wardman Park has it all to offer. It's located at the base of the Metro Red Line and you can get anywhere in the city from there.

1  Thank John P
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear John P,

Thank you for being our guest at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park and for sharing your review. It is a pleasure to know you had a wonderful stay with us and loved our warm hospitality, central location, and well-appointed accommodations. On behalf of everyone here, we invite you to stay with us again the next time you visit the area.