3,399 results
All reviews gold floor juniper restaurant presidents club health club corner suite beautiful hotel lobby bar foggy bottom m street concierge desk room service lincoln memorial rooms are spacious fitness center upon check white house few blocks
Reviewed 10 December 2017

We loved this place! The staff made us very welcome, the hotel lobby was very luxurious, cool, the fragrance was great. Our room and bed were both excellent had very good sleep (at arriving even because of early rise) - we were lucky enough to get in our room early.

Only hiccup was the breakfast - it was expensive and simply not worthy for a money, and if I compare it to the level of service expected of a Fairmont... well... we were in the USA in which you would expect one can speak English - and they should make sure in a place like this, because the guy who was assigned to us didn't speak almost any English.

Besides that inconvenience the food did not made of 5*, not to mention Fairmont level (I expect more from a Fairmont, they own the Savoy in London for example - and basically they more expensive than an InterContinental - but their breakfast simple not comparable). But did not compare to a Novotel or a Hilton level.
If you get it in your room rate, OK, but not worth the lot of money they ask for it. This is why I deducted one star.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
FairmontDC, General Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Kismaci,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. My colleagues and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby and guest rooms. I would like to apologize for the lapse in our typically excellent restaurant service. I take every review seriously and I really appreciate hearing from our valued guests. My colleagues and I have reviewed your feedback as we are always working hard to make improvements and strive for perfection. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our typically excellent service and food.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I'm a picky consumer, and I seldom give an unqualified review. But there was nothing here to complain about. The room was spacious and well furnished. The linens were crisp and comfortable. The bathroom was well stocked and plush towels and nice cosmetics. The room was quiet. The internet worked. The staff were pleasant. An unqualified yes....

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank lordbyron59
FairmontDC, General Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear lordbyron59,

Thank you for your wonderful, five star review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your quiet room. I look forward to welcoming you back to Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I travel worldwide and have rarely been treated to the level of service provided by a leader named Christian at this hotel. While I’ve experienced comparable and sometimes better facilities, the “can do” approach Christian is instilling in much of his staff combined with the Hotel facility made this a first class experience for me, my family and visiting friends from 3 states. The excellent location and top rated gym was a bonus!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan B

Dear Alan B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that the Fairmont service exceeded your expectations. My colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back to Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

The Fairmont Georgetown is my all-around favorite in DC. The staff is welcoming, professional, gracious, engaged and efficient. The hotel and rooms are spotless and well-laid out. The internet access and speed is excellent (why don’t more hotels realize how important that is?).
The lobby areas have been refreshed and the service levels in the bar are not excellent (that was not the case earlier this year).

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank BostonBeachGuy
FairmontDC, General Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear BostonBeachGuy,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Fairmont when visiting Washington. I agree that my colleagues provide welcoming and professional service. I appreciate all of your feedback and I have shared your review with my team. We are always looking for ways to improve and strive for perfection. We look forward to seeing you again and exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

This was my first time at this DC location, though I have stayed at many Fairmount before. I was very very happy with this hotel and would certainly return.

The location is excellent- easy walking distance to Georgetown and a very quick taxi ride from DCA. I appreciated having exercise clothing waiting for me in the room, and checkout was easy.

I found the rooms here particularly comfortable. Ample closet space. I had the lowest priced room available, and still had plenty of open space, a very comfortable bed, a nice table for working and a sofa. The bathroom was a great size, well appointed, with lovely amenities. All of the furniture seemed new and tasteful.

I can think of only 2 negatives and both are quite minor.

First, I stopped in the bar to have a gin and tonic at the end of my day. Imagine my surprise to receive a $17 bill for a single non-specialty cocktail. I know these hotel chains all do this, but it left a bitter taste (so to speak) in my mouth. So be cautious about ordering any food/beverage at this place before looking at the price tag.

Second, I was sent multiple emails before my arrival about their online check in program,. It was so annoying-- messages about checking in, messages that my room was ready- but why? When I arrived at the hotel, I still had to go to the front desk, still had to show an ID and credit card (even as a President's Club member), and still had to pick up and use a traditional key card. In sum, I saw absolutely NO benefit to me as a guest, and no time saved or convenience. Just a bunch of additional messages I had to scroll through.

But these things are minor, and it really is a good place- open, clean, modern, bright, well run.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear SDP_MSN,

Thank you for taking the time to write a five star review. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay for your first time at our property. My colleagues and I appreciate hearing from all of our valued guests. We want to thank you for your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve and strive for perfection. We want to apologize for the inconveniences during your experience at the bar and with your pre-arrival emails. We hope to see you again and to exceed your expectations.