Review Highlights
Great walking tour!

I was so glad we made it to the meeting place. This was such a fun way to tour a part if Washington... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
mtmnslady
Ventura County, California91320
via mobile
Still as informative and enjoyable as 7 years ago

The walking tour with Tim is a great way to explore the National Mall. Tim takes sufficient time at... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Simon B
via mobile

1,471 results
All reviews tim's tour walking tour great tour tim stewart monumental stouries retired teacher his knowledge long tour four hours an excellent guide white house hour tour main monuments would highly recommend this tour entire tour free tour interesting stories
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The first thing Tim said when we met at 1000 was that the tour was 4.5 hours, it took us just over 6 hours. It is very informative, providing insight into Washington and American history at a detailed level. You will spend time at the White House, monument (from afar), WW2 memorial, quick stop and snack break, and the only bathroom break at very crowded bathrooms near the reflecting pool, Lincoln, Vietnam, Korean War and MLK memorial. It is a lot of information and facts to take in, prolonged standing outside in all types of weather. Tim is very passionate about what he does and it shows.

1  Thank christinern
77Ann77, Owner at Walk of the Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for writing such a thoughtful, informative, and positive review. I greatly appreciate it! I do want to clarify for TripAdvisor readers that although my regular tour is around 4.5 hours, the tour you took was during the National Cherry Blossom Festival; during those days I do offer to any and all interested parties an optional extension to the tour: a walk to the Tidal Basin, which is the location of the Festival. This tour extension includes Dr. King's Memorial and an orientation to the Cherry Blossom trees and related activities, and does add additional time to the tour.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is THE way to see Washington!!!! Tim is an amazing, super knowledgable guide, that takes you for 5 hours to meet this beautiful city. He is a highly devoted guide and will take you through all the details of the history of the city, so that you really understand the monuments and the memorials as you pass by. Plus you get to know most of the city highlights in a day and get great tips! Its by far one of the best free walking tours we have done (and we have done a LOT of walking tours)! Highly recommended way to visit Washington! Thank you Tim!

1  Thank Paula M
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

First, Tim is an AMAZING tour guide. He takes the time to do it right and really spends the time with the group to make it a more than just a cookie cutter tour.

He really knows his stuff, and even for like a history aficionado like myself, he still kept the tour moving at a pretty good pace and provided some useful new information too!

He really does work for tips, so pay what you think it’s worth. We paid $25 per person and felt like we definitely got our money’s worth.

Some tips:
*Dress for the weather - the day we walked the tour it was in the mid 30s, which wasn’t that bad, but the WIND is what got us. It really made the day quite challenging. For the youngest in our group, 12, it was really NOT that much fun until after we got past the Lincoln Memorial (about 75% through the tour).

*Be prepared to stand more so than walk. Yes you will walk a fair distance, but if there are any in your group that have trouble standing for a long period of time, plan accordingly. They might have a bit of a harder time with this tour as there are not a lot of places to sit or rest along the way.

*There might not be a lot of time for food or food options available (depending on weather), so you might want to bring some snacks for your group. Also, I would bring water to drink too.

*I would plan at least 6 hours for the tour. You will typically end near the Korean War Memorial, but if you are game, Tim will probably take you to the MLK memorial too which is a short distance away. We did and were glad to see it with him.

1  Thank BondVagaBond007
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

So happy to have found Tim on Trip Advisor! Our first day in DC couldn't have been better spent. His tour was the highlight of our trip. I highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank MDLC2504
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

By far one of the best walking tours I’ve taken!

My husband and I take walking tours in all cities we go to. We done tours across the globe from California to Fez, Morocco. But this tour just had a great touch. Tim was extremely knowledgeable and shared his information in an understandable, engaging and fun way. I don’t think there was a question he couldn’t answer.

Tim was extremely friendly and truly cares about his tour. It was FREEZING outside but the tour was good enough to make everyone power through. I would have been even happier if we continued even loner and saw more sites. The tour does take long as Tim does give A LOT of information. But that’s such a great thing when you’re learning about the USA!!!

1  Thank Jennifer V