“CRAB CAKE BENEDICT Amazing!”
Review of Ted's Bulletin

Ted's Bulletin
Reserve with OpenTable
Ted's Bulletin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 3,504 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$ 29 - US$ 31
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Last week I was in DC from Tuesday-Sunday. I ate at Ted's three times for breakfast and ordered the crab cake Benedict each time. The Benedict on Sunday was even better than earlier in the week (although those were good too). When I told the waiter on Sunday I would do without the hashbrowns (I just am not really into them) he offered me a substitution. I could not say "no" when he mentioned grits. And simply grinned when he said they were cheese grits. Normally I do not prefer cheese grits because I can rarely taste the cheese. These grits tasted like a block of cheddar; the grits were there merely as a binder. Absolutely delicious! I highly recommend the Crab Cake Benedict with a side of cheese grits. You will not be disappointed.

Another touch, the waitress who I had on Tuesday remembered me when I was there on Sunday and offered to bring me out a pot of hot water, as I had requested earlier in the week. Excellent service as well!

During the week, I was easily seated when I arrived shortly after 7 a.m. On Sunday, it was packed when I arrived around 10 a.m. and was told the wait (for one) was an hour. Fortunately, they have a few "first come, first served" seats so I was able to enjoy my food very shortly after I arrived. The local/regular who allowed me to sit at his table while I waited told me on Sundays you need to arrive no later than 8:15 a.m. or you're subject to a long wait (although the food is worth the wait). Enjoy!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

was busy Saturday night- had to wait for a table about a half hour. service was quick. when you walk in you see their bakery- the making of their famous popovers. I had the TV dinner, salisbury steak, gravy, corn, mashed potatoes and a pop tart. My portion was huge ans quite good. one person had fish and chips and they looked good while I forgot what the other person ordered.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Best chocolate chip pancakes I've had (comes with a side of two eggs and hash browns!) - though highly recommend going during brunch hours rather than breakfast for dinner. Wait time can be long on weekends though, but worth it! Fun brunch ambiance too.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Indulged in the TV dinner and it was yummy. Pop tarts were so good we ordered more to have for breakfast the following morning. Service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

This is an American Diner style restaurant with a variety of traditional old school meals (e.g. grilled cheese, meatloaf, fried chicken) mixed with a few more modern dishes (e.g Cali Club, Taco Salad). They also serve a few different cocktails and adult milkshakes. I personally found the restaurant a little strange and was confused by the theme. I regretted my choice of the taco salad as there wasn’t much too it. Others in my group seemed to enjoy their meals although the TV Dinner (along with pop tart) was an odd one that one of our group tried.

The restaurant wasn’t busy and I was really disappointed with the service. Our waitress seemed annoyed that we had pushed some tables together even though we asked if it was ok. She was also quite curt and rude when taking the orders. Maybe that was part of the diner experience, but it’s not one I would go back for.