“Close to hotel”

Ranked #31 of 150 Quick Bites in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Voted "Best Burger Restaurant in DC" by Business Insider. Voted "Best Burger Restaurant in DC" by Washingtonian Magazine. Voted "Best Burger Patty" by Washington Post. BGR The Burger Joint is helping lead the better burger market with a menu designed around our commitment to using only the highest quality ingredients. BGR's menu is designed around an exclusive blend of Prime, Dry-aged burgers, grilled over an open flame. Menu offerings include burgers, veggie burger, grilled chicken, turkey burger, lamb burger, ahi tuna burger, hot dog, kids meals, regular fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, asparagus, handspun shakes, side salads, lettuce wraps, salad bowls and beer/wine and other seasonal specialties. Gluten Free options include: regular fries, sweet potato fries, side salad, salad bowl (any burger on a salad), lettuce wrap, asparagus.
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I stopped in since it was close to my hotel. It was later in the evening and even with a few homeless people camped out in the area it felt safe enough as I was just by myself.

Overall, I liked this burger place and I would go again. It’s a good size burger so you could share the fries since most won’t eat it all. I ordered the Wellington which has mushrooms and blue cheese. I wouldn’t get it again. Although I like blue cheese, it’s just too much on a burger. The fries where hot and crisp.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a little place to grab something to eat while visiting D.C. Great burger and fries! Friendly staff (Robert) and the Crew. Better burger than Five Guys. Definitely stop again if we are staying near DuPont Circle.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The food is delicious and the service is fantastic. I tried this place for the first time in September 2017 and had to come back for round II.

The Turkey Mushroom Swiss Burger is the way to go. I took it to go and had them wrap it in foil because I needed to head to the airport. Yes, it was delicious when I ate it too.

I love this place and will be back.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Went towards the end of their day for a late meal. Western BBQ Burger was decent, fries not too great. Functional spot, service is quick, music was enjoyable

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 2 December 2017

The Burger Joint probably makes the best burgers in Alexandria. Go for a basic burger with your favorite toppings, a side of fresh french fries (regular or sweet potato) and a beer. It just doesn’t get better. Basic surroundings but you’re there for the food.

Date of visit: November 2017