2,509 results
All reviews rooftop bar treasury building bliss spa white house pov bar bliss products frosted glass ebbitt grill rooms are small living room national mall fantastic location smithsonian museums few blocks lobby spg hip
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

After walking and sightseeing, this is just what the doctor ordered! This rooftop bar is well worth it. The view is spectacular. The staff is very attentive. Will definitely return on our next visit in October.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Hello Red-Camper29,

It was our pleasure to welcome you to the W Washington D.C. We are charmed to know you had an excellent stay and that our Talent left such a warm impression. Their desire to give every guest the best experience possible, down to the smallest detail, is something that makes us very proud. We look forward to having the pleasure of your company again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I don't know much about the rooms, but the rooftop bar is a MUST for anyone visiting DC. It has the most spectacular view of Washington in the entire city. Come up for a light bite at lunch or a late afternoon/early evening cocktail, and enjoy this beautiful city from on high.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hello gotham,

Thank you for sharing your awesome experience at the W Washington D.C. We are glad to know you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you again whenever your travels bring you back here.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I was blown away by the staff. This was the first time my fiancée and I traveled with our dog and were nervous about what to expect. We had seen the fantastic “Whatever, Whenever” policy on the website but were not expecting the level of accommodation and care shown to our little guy. A huge thanks to Maura and Justin (among others) in that department.

We arrived late (at 11pm) and were greeted by Colin who checked us in very quickly and even upgraded us to a bigger room with a view! He was extremely accommodating throughout our stay all the way until check out.

I would be remised not to mention the helpfulness of Zebiba who was working at the restaurant attached to the hotel (Pinea). We booked a reservation for 8 people and needed to amend the reservation 3 times within 2 hours of our seating time. Zebiba was able to handle all of our last minute requests with speed and grace and ended up putting us in a beautiful private room.

I cannot say enough good things about my time here and will be sure to book again the next time I am in DC.

Stayed: May 2018
TeamMarriott, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hello Anthony,

It was our pleasure to welcome you to the W Washington D.C. We are charmed to know you had an excellent stay and that our Talent left such a warm impression. Their desire to give every guest the best experience possible, down to the smallest detail, is something that makes us very proud. We can't wait to share your kind comments with Maura, Justin, Colin, and Zebiba. We appreciate the wonderful recommendation, and we hope to have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Upscale, boutique(ish), great restaurant, even better lobby bar, cool roof top bar/restaurant, nice rooms, and great service. What’s not to love. If you’re looking for all that and steps from the White House look no further.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Hello dctrentster,

Thank you for the wonderful review of staying at Washington D.C. We are thrilled to know you loved our location and were impressed with everything our hotel has to offer. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to be your hotel of choice next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

My wife and I stayed at the W for a single night in December 2017. Like many DC hotels, its best if you can take the metro to the hotel instead of driving. The hotel rate was competitive but in DC they always get you for overnight parking. I think it was $55 to park but remember that most of the hotels I checked charged similarly. I would have much rather spent that on food and drinks at the hotel but thats the way it goes.

The hotel is old in a typical DC building style that from the outside looks as though it could be a bank or federal office with its solid granite facade. Inside is like a different world -- polished modern decor, marble floors and soft colorful lighting. Its all very clean and shiny. No federal hints in here, its all very modernly decorated. There is a bar area to the right adjacent to a spacious lobby with lots of comfortable seating - large sofas and high backed padded chairs. After passing the front desk are elevators up to the rooms with one elevator dedicated to a night club on the roof.

The room was small but updated and clean. Everything is in top shape and well maintained. No cracked tiles or signs of wear and tear. I would have preferred the room to be a little larger but honestly, I get the hotel mostly for sleeping and getting ready for the next day, not for lounging or looking to spend a lot of time in.

We went out for the evening and upon returning we could hear the roof night club was in full swing. At the elevators there was hotel security checking that those wanting to use the elevator to the hotel rooms were registered guests to make sure nightclub customers were only using the correct elevator to the club and not the hotel rooms. I was very pleased that once inside our room the music from the night club couldn't be heard at all.

The bed was very comfortable and I was able to get a good night's sleep even with a nightclub going full blast not far away. The "W" is a nice hotel. Everyone is very friendly and courteous. I would gladly stay at the "W" again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Hello trailhermit,

Thank you for your staying at the W Washington D.C. It’s a pleasure knowing you had a pleasant experience and liked your spotless room. We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Jessica Mallon,