2,503 results
All reviews rooftop bar treasury building bliss spa white house pov bar bliss products frosted glass ebbitt grill rooms are small living room national mall fantastic location smithsonian museums few blocks lobby spg hip
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed over for two nights and could not fault this hotel. Special worthy note was to staff member Brianna hope I spelt that correctly she was awesome checked us in early she was professional friendly warm and a real credit to the hotel. The room although did not have a view was clean with all the mod cons you would expense from a hotel with a large amazon type shower and a bed which was so comfy you just drifted away after a long day site seeing in the nations capital. The rooftop bar was great and had quality views of the White House and the Washington monument. It's ideally located right next to the White House with all attractions close by this is a first rate hotel with great staff and a fantastic vibrancy about it very impressed and would happily stay at this hotel again keep up the good work

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hello Damiancarrie,

Thank you for sharing the love. I am happy to know that you had a great stay with us. We truly appreciate you taking your time with giving us your voice. Your experience is a true testament to the Whatever/Whenever service culture at W Hotels. It is great to hear that you we’re wowed. I can guarantee you that everyone will be happy to know your great feedback.

Stay connected on your next escape!

Best,

Reviewed 8 September 2017

The hotel is very well kept, beautiful architectural designs and historic themes throughout. My king bed room was small...quaint ..(miniature chandelier over sink area) .. unique set-up with the sink out in the room alongside the wall with the closet and toilet and shower area on the opposite side. The shower had frosted glass all the way around so it also served as the wall inside the room so, you would be able to see the silhouette of the person in the shower which could be romantic for couples, I later learned that in some rooms there is a curtain that can be drawn for privacy on the shower-wall. Our meeting space/suite was really nice and spacious, it came with a turntable/record player and albums for you to try your DJ skills and there were two available in the lobby area with a wall case full of albums!!! (I think it's only out during certain times) ...but still a nice touch. Beautiful views from the rooftop restaurant/bar. The rooms and hallways were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Hello meely2015,

I hope this message finds you well. First and foremost, I would like to apologize that our hotel failed to not only meet but exceed your expectations. Thank you for sharing your thoughts in our guest survey, I cannot apologize enough for the inconvenience you encountered during your escape.

I know you faced disappointment in regards to the Room size. I wish that we had the ability to offer each and every one of our guests a suite, larger room or room with a view. The W Washington D.C. is formerly the Hotel Washington, a National Historic Building. Upon renovation in 2009 we had little control over some facets of the building…. such as room size and the façade. I hope that you can understand as to why rooms tend to be cozier. To make up for this, we do try to create a warm and comfortable experience in the Living Room, rooftop, with amenities, and with our personalized Whatever Whenever® service. I hope you can understand this.

I am sad to know W’s unique vibe did not appeal your expectation, W is all about unique design and this is where the design of the bathroom came from at the same time you can always request a curtain to cover the see through if that is more comfortable for you. We appreciate and value your feedback as this will be a great tool to make our hotel perfect. Should your travel bring you back here in D.C, I am here to assist you with anything to make your next escape extravagant.

I am sorry again that this created a negative first impression. When your travel brings you back in Washington D.C, please feel free to connect with me.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks old from the outside but the rooms are very new and clean, though they are a bit small. Location is excellent, only one block from the White House. We took a nice walk to to the Washington Memorial, World War II memorial, Korean War Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King Memorial and back to the hotel which was 5km.

The metro station 'Metro Cental' is only 5 min walk.

The rooftop terrace is a must go though it is rather crowded and noisy at night. Try not to stay too close to the rooftop if you don't want to hear noise until 1-2am.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hello Allie5515,

Thank you so much for sharing the love. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our central location, heart of Washington D.C. Your testament regarding our talent is a true meaning of Whatever Whenever service culture, I cannot wait to share this with them.

I cannot apologize enough for the noise you experienced, as you had mentioned we unfortunately are aware of the noise that our guests experience during the busy nights in all areas. Due to this, over the last year we have been undergoing multiple projects to decrease the disturbance this noise creates for our sleeping guests, although your experience is truly not in our control and I am so sorry you had to deal with this unfortunate experience from another guest. We have started to insulate the doors/walls located closest to the lifts where the guests are traveling and not considering the noise they are creating on their way to their room or while they are in their room. Additionally, we are continuously training our talent to better locate those guests that do not plan to spend the entire evening upstairs, and instead provide those with the hopes of spending a night partying with the rooms in which noise will not be an issue for them. Unfortunately, construction and training are both ongoing projects that take time to perfect, and thus as we are aware of the issues and trying to rectify them for our guests, we are providing for our current guests as best we can. As you have experienced, there are certainly still many flaws and gaps in our attempts to resolve this noise occurrence, but we are very much aware and proactively working on this. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

I can assure you that we are aware of the challenges and we are doing some assessments on how to better improve this aspect of our establishment. As a hotel we value inputs from our distinguished guests may it be positive or negative. This will help us improve better as a whole. Again, we do apologize if we have not met your standards, but rest assured all the things you pointed out will be taken into consideration.
Please let me know when your travel brings you back in Washington D.C, and I will make sure I oversee your escape.

See you soon.

All The Best,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stayed here as part of our US road trip with wife, 14 year old daughter and 10 year old son.
We checked in late after a long five from South Carolina, and valet/front desk were fast and efficient.
Room was a double double, and although very small, was clean and luxurious. One note, bathroom door was a slider which meant privacy was compromised!
As a tourist base, the location is incredible. Just around the corner from the White House (which you can see from the rooftop bar/restaurant) and easy stroking distance to all the major tourist locations.
Hotel has a pretty cool vibe, and we all loved the Lego masterpiece art in reception.
Would definitely use again, although we felt it was more of a couple hotel than family friendly location.

Room Tip: get upper floor for best views
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Welcome Anthony C,

Also about the bathroom door, we are sad to know we failed to reach your expectation, W is all about unique design and this is where the design of the bathroom came from at the same time you can always request a curtain to cover the see through if that is more comfortable for you. We appreciate and value your feedback as this will be a great tool to make our hotel perfect. Should your travel bring you back here in D.C, I am here to assist you with anything to make your next escape extravagant.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I've been to DC several times now and this is one of my favorite locations to be able to walk to the National Mall, the Washington Monument, The African American Museum, the Holocaust Museum, and good restaurants.

The room was nice, nothing spectacular except for the bathroom which was huge - a welcome change from a hotel we stayed at in Seattle with the world's tiniest bathroom!

My only complaint about the W is that they have a rooftop bar (great view, by the way) and every weekend night they have some kind of party/event up there so there are a lot of 20-somethings lined up at the elevators to go up there. The W staff makes sure other elevators are available for guests, so that's not a problem. It's just that the music played on the roof and throughout the hotel is the boom-boom-boom party music favored by, well, young partiers! It got to be a bit annoying.

I would stay here again if I couldn't get into the JW Marriott, which I enjoy very much

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hello bobbie277,

Thank you so much for sharing the love. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our central location, heart of Washington D.C and you were able to take advantage of our POV Rooftop bar; the view indeed is breathtaking. Your testament regarding our talent is a true meaning of Whatever Whenever service culture, I cannot wait to share this with them.

Stay connected.