2,497 results
All reviewsrooftop bartreasury buildingbliss spawhite housepov barbliss productsfrosted glassebbitt grillrooms are smallliving roomnational mallfantastic locationsmithsonian museumsfew blockslobbyspghip
Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

Great location beside the White House. Not actually beside it, but so close we could see the secret service guys from our room. Our suite was great but maybe a bit expensive for what it was. Due to jet lag I was up early each morning and loved the great coffee in reception (free). Breakfast is great and seems to be a DC politico favourite. Saw the presidential motorcade going past a couple of times which was fun and it's a good location for getting around the city. I haven't stayed elsewhere in DC but would happily stay again. A relaxed environment but still a 'cool' hotel... except the supposedly cool roof top bar... avoid when busy... not cool at all.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Dear Goliard,

Thank you for sharing the love, I am so glad you had a wonderful escape with us and you loved every aspect of your stay. I cannot wait to share this with the team.

Please stay connected on your next escape.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

One of the best locations in DC, walking distance to the White House, museums and short taxi/uber ride to many different restaurants. The hotel is old, so rooms are plenty small but well appointed. The only thing I was really surprised was the TV was not mounted on the wall. This would have saved space and the cable was annoying because it was always trying to get you to order something when scrolling through the guide.
We did not eat at the hotel but had drinks in the lobby bar and upstairs POV bar. The POV bar is "the place to be" at night in DC. If you weren't staying there you had to wait a long time to get in, and if you wanted a table the minimum was $200. (considering the prices of the drinks that wouldn't be hard to hit) The bartender in the lobby was very good and attentive.
My husband was very unhappy about the internet fee and when we checked out they removed it from the bill without us even asking! We did ask for a box fan for the room to provide more air circulation, and that was very nice.
Overall great service and location.. which I guess is what we paid for! We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

Dear Mssnash,

Thank you so much for sharing the love.. We are so glad you were able to take advantage of the central location, heart of Washington D.C.

Thank you so much for all your feedback from POV, Living room and the internet. Rest assured this will be shared with everyone here.

Stay connected on your next escape.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

What a wonderful service. One of the best in the USA. Not intrusive yet thoughtful. I WA carrying a hanger of clothing to the cab and this smiling person just took it from my hand which was such a relief. Anything which is done without asking always gets brownie points. Good rooms. Amazing bathrooms. Best of all a happening rooftop night club which takes your breath away by the view . It was one of my memorable evening. The entry is complimentary if you are staying at W otherwise I saw a loooong queue of well dressed youngsters waiting to get in.

Stayed: May 2015
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

Dear Balesh,

We are delighted you had a wonderful escape with us and you loved every aspect of your stay. I cannot wait to share this with our team.

Stay connected on your next escape.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

We arrived at the hotel, which had a lot of security around which we found a bit strange, but after finding out that Barcelona FC were also staying at the hotel we understood. The staff were great and the rooms were very spacious and had views overlooking the Whitehouse and surrounding areas. We had dinner in the restaurant which was very nice and the atmosphere was great.

Room Tip: Over looking the Whitehouse
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear Creole Walker,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts from your past escape. I am so glad you loved every aspect from your last escape. Rest assured this will be shared with our team.

Stay connected!

Best,

Reviewed 24 August 2015

The rooms are unbelievable, one of the best beds you will find in ANY hotel. The bathrooms are fabulous, great soaps, shampoos, robes, water pressure, you won't want to get out of the shower. Besides the rooms the hotel is a great place to be and I am not a guy who likes to hang around the hotel but this is the one and only exception. The lobby is always a good place to just hang out, hip and trendy with a nice bar area. The rooftop bar has one of the best views in the city, if not the best. It always has a good crowd there but one that doesn't disturb you if you are staying at the hotel. I love the restaurant for breakfast.

Even better than the physical hotel itself is the staff. They treat me like family and I only stay they every few months or so. Everyone from Aureline, one of the managers, Kim the concierge, Emma at the front desk, Ronnie the best doorman ever, Natalie who is great on the phone and Oscar at the lobby bar just to name a few. Seriously everyone there loves their job and it shows. My whole day seems to be better when I stay there because I'm not drudging back to the hotel after work or I just left in the morning after having a great shower followed by a great breakfast and coffee and greeted a good morning by Emma and Ronnie. I stay at hotels around 300 nights a year and this one by far is the one I look most forward to staying at. Don't miss out on a great experience.

Room Tip: The views of the Washington Monument from the southeast corner of the hotel are fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob D
Joanne C, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear Rob,

We appreciate you taking your time with providing us with your great feedback. Your testament regarding Aureline, Kim, Emma, Ronnie, Oscar and Natalie is a true meaning of Whatever Whenever service culture. I cannot wait to share this with them.

Please stay connected on your next escape.