2,506 results
All reviews rooftop bar treasury building bliss spa white house pov bar bliss products frosted glass amazing location rooms are small living room national mall few blocks marlon lobby spg hip concierge
Reviewed 14 May 2012

If you do not want to party, please avoid this hotel. At weekends it is a must for the locals who want to party all night long. The sky bar on the roof (with nice views) is filled with people who want to be seen. Rooms (with the description fabulous) are small and not very practical. Where to hang all your clothes or where to put all your things in the bathroom? Design has taken too much from the convenience and practicalities. The service varies a lot, both at the reception as well as in the breakfast room. The hotel is absolutely too pricy and not worth 4 stars!

Room tip: During the weekend don not choose a room near the sky bar.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Wedding we attended was very nice , but the lobby bar was not prepared for the pre-wedding crowd. Food was excellent and the appetizers were excellent.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

the hotel seems to care more about their business on their rooftop bar than the hotel customers.

I was on the 10th floor, and essentially under the DJ on the roof. They were very accomodating when I asked to change to a new room, but was asked "didn't the tell you when you checked it??" Really??

Even in the new room, it is difficult to get to the elevators to your room because there is a significant focus on the crowd going to the roof bar.

Stay here if you want to party, but not if you are on business.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2012

This hotel lives up to what one expects of W. Fun, friendly staff, fantastic location, and a great lobby for people watching or conducting business meetings (so long as you don't mind background music). Be aware, however, that some rooms are small. Don't miss the rooftop bar where one gets great views of the White House and surrounds.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I have never had a worse hotel experience. I used to stay here before it was a W and loved the location and ambiance. Rest in peace my old friend.

The W has killed the charming, personable feeling it had. Case in point: the beautiful rooftop bar is now a weekend meat market. Thugs keep guests in long lines and bother us about our attire and our shoe style. Really? In the old days you could stroll up in shorts with your kids in sneakers and shorts! When I returned in "proper" attire, the security guard sneered at me as if he'd won a battle. Really? Finally upstairs, the gorgeous view was obscured by gold diggers in too tight dresses and an atmosphere that paid no respect to the White House view. And that goon bugged me about my attire? Unconscionable. longer serene.

Listen, others will confirm the rooms were never much to write home about. I stayed there because I had fond memories of a warm-staffed, centrally located hotel that made me feel at home. W drudged those memories through the mud.

Lemon into lemonade: I moved to the Willard Intercontinental and my faith in historic hotels was renewed. Read that review--wonderful staff and fantastc experience. As for this place (or any other W after this fiasco), I would rather turn in my all my Starwood points than stay at such a pretentious, hostile, mean-spirited place.

Trip type: Travelled on business