2,496 results
All reviewsrooftop bartreasury buildingbliss spawhite housepov barbliss productsfrosted glassebbitt grillrooms are smallliving roomnational mallfantastic locationsmithsonian museumsfew blockslobbyspghip
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is across the street from the white house - with spectacular views of some historic sites. I stayed there with my 20 year old son over a weekend. Its a typical W hotel, which tends to attract young people. No wonder my son loved it. To me the room with 2 queen beds was a little to compact. The shower in the bathroom was great. The lobby was full of beautiful and fashionable people. Needless to say, my son spent a lot of time there. The steakhouse in the lobby was great. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2011

W Hotel is in a great location for seeing the DC sights. It is very upscale and modern--too modern. This is the kind of hotel that is trying too hard to be hip and trendy and ends up looking a little silly instead. We were here for a conference, so were not booking one of the better rooms (ours was a small interior room, but with a clean, spare, Ikea-like interior). One of the wonderful things about the hotel is the lounge overlooking DC. You can see all the primary monuments, the White House, and planes taking off and landing at Reagan Airport. The flaws I mention are these: no "free" water in the rooms; no in-room coffee; very little bureau space; an odd, avant guarde bathroom with a pocket door that didn't shut entirely (no real privacy there!) and a frosted wall in the shower that connected the bathroom with the bedroom (again, no real privacy). The elevators are TINY and slow. Our room was not ready at check-in time, which was a bit of an issue and housekeeping didn't get to us the first day of our stay. There is, on a more positive note, a great workout facility (which they cutely call SWEAT). I wish hotels that charge this much would provide complimentary in-room wireless, but many don't. VERY comfortable bed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank carolyndulaney
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This hotel is simply fabulous! The decor in the lobby and up to your room is very Alice in wonderland with the black and white and dashes of bold color. We were using points to stay at the hotel (and there was a wedding happening) so the the hotel was fully booked and we ended up with an interior room. Very cute how the windows are frosted with a cherry blossom design to prevent you from seeing into other rooms or down into the ages old A/C unit. The lobby bar and rooftop bar were both very nice. However, the rooftop bar can be crazy busy and unless you are willing to front for bottle service you will be standing all night long. If the night out celebrating had not been so crazy, I would definitely wanted to take advantage of the Bliss spa within the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
wdcinsider, Front Office Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Hi Q8Hollywood,
Glad you had so much fun while staying with us. Too bad you mist the Bliss Spa but I am sure you'll be able to indulge there on your next visit. Safe travels!

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Me and my girlfriends went for a long weekend. Loved the whatever/whenever service - they were always very accomodating. We also took advantage of the acura experience which was also amazing. Beds were very comfortable. Room design was sleek. The only weird part about the room was the showers where you could basically see whoever was showering in them (my shy friend showered in the dark while we all sat in the dark). We enjoyed how the hotel was classy by day, and a party-type atmosphere at night. DJ in the lobby was great. Rooftop club area was also up to par and the screens with music videos were a nice touch. Good location (within walking distance of many hit attractions- downtown and the national mall) While this hotel is probably not great for kids or for those who want complete peace and quiet, it's perfect for teens and older, and for people who enjoy a lively nightlife.

Only grave problem was that they had lost one of my friend's luggage which was supposed to be stored in a back room. They are still investigating the problem, which is nice, but this happened on the last day right before we had to catch a train so we ended on quite the sour note. We were left wondering how such a nice hotel could make a silly mistake. She lost all her souvenirs, new clothes, toiletries etc. Great hotel but unforutnate ending to the trip. Tip: Be mindful of where you put your luggage.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank tripofftheolblock

Hi tripofftheolblock,
Thanks for your review. Looks like you really had fun and enjoyed the vibe at the W DC. I regret to hear about the luggage issue. To my understanding this was resolved afterwards. Please send me a message if further follow up is required.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

We can't say enough nice things about this particular W hotel. We've stayed here everytime we're in DC, but for our anniversary, Laura made sure we received the one-of-a-kind experience that only the W can offer- The Wow Suit! It was absolutely beautiful! Thank you again! Cheers!

Room Tip: Become an SPG member, it saves time and money!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi ShenaJames,
Thanks for your great review. The WOW suites are amazing and I am glad that a regular guest like yourself got the opportunity to stay in one. Hope to see you soon!
Safe travels