“Great vegan options”
Review of Cedar Restaurant

Cedar Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cedar Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #230 of 3,555 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: Between 8th & 9th
Transit: Gallery Place-Chinatown (YL,GR,RD), Archives-Navy Mem-Penn Quarter (YL,GR), Metro Center (BL,OR,RD)
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We were spending the weekend in DC and decided to come here for dinner for the vegan options and they ended up being excellent. They had several options for dinner and for desert and they brought out bread with olive oil instead of butter. We ordered the vegan ravioli and meatloaf, and the chocolate peanut butter mousse for dessert, all of which were excellent and easy to reccomend. The service and the food were excellent and the manager was even interested in what we thought, maybe because not many people order the vegan dishes.

I would totally recommend it to anybody looking for good vegan options in DC, and the non-vegan food looked good too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Hidden Gem! My husband and I recently went to visit our son and his girlfriend. This was the place we picked for our “fancy” night out with them. Being vegan, my husband and I were thrilled with all of our options. There were also many options for the adventurous carnivore in the group. All four of us loved our meals. While the service we had in nearly every restaurant in the city was outstanding, Lauren (if I remember correctly) was the absolute best.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Based on both recommendations and convenience of location 10 of went to Cedar for brunch. Restaurant was far from crowded and yet the service was quite slow. As usual I opted for the vegan option and of the two dishes I ate, one overwhelmed and one underwhelmed me: excellent vegan Cesar salad and only average (flavorless) tofu scramble. Admittedly I did not take the advice of the sever who recommended one of the tempeh dishes. Coffee was strong and the other meals (eggs, sausages, toast) were all good but no one said great.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

For a change, I liked 90% of the menu so it was hard to decide. We went for restaurant week- 3 courses $35- I got the beet salad, tuna steak, and chocolate mousse. It was good, service was good, and I cant wait to go back for brunch!

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We were excited based on the reviews
The fish was poorly prepared
The meat entree tough
Service just ok

Must have been a bad night based on other reviews
Although there were virtually no other people in the restaurant than our group of 12