“The Best Meal I had in DC!”
Review of Cedar Restaurant

Cedar Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cedar Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #252 of 3,326 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: Between 8th & 9th
Transit: Gallery Place-Chinatown (YL,GR,RD), Archives-Navy Mem-Penn Quarter (YL,GR), Metro Center (BL,OR,RD)
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Hidden Gem! My husband and I recently went to visit our son and his girlfriend. This was the place we picked for our “fancy” night out with them. Being vegan, my husband and I were thrilled with all of our options. There were also many options for the adventurous carnivore in the group. All four of us loved our meals. While the service we had in nearly every restaurant in the city was outstanding, Lauren (if I remember correctly) was the absolute best.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Based on both recommendations and convenience of location 10 of went to Cedar for brunch. Restaurant was far from crowded and yet the service was quite slow. As usual I opted for the vegan option and of the two dishes I ate, one overwhelmed and one underwhelmed me: excellent vegan Cesar salad and only average (flavorless) tofu scramble. Admittedly I did not take the advice of the sever who recommended one of the tempeh dishes. Coffee was strong and the other meals (eggs, sausages, toast) were all good but no one said great.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

For a change, I liked 90% of the menu so it was hard to decide. We went for restaurant week- 3 courses $35- I got the beet salad, tuna steak, and chocolate mousse. It was good, service was good, and I cant wait to go back for brunch!

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We were excited based on the reviews
The fish was poorly prepared
The meat entree tough
Service just ok

Must have been a bad night based on other reviews
Although there were virtually no other people in the restaurant than our group of 12

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I have been to 5-star vegan restaurants many many times and this restaurant is not only on-par but BETTER! The food was unbelievably delicious. We had theatre tix so we opted for the early pre-fixe meal. For $35! +$20 wine pairing (very nicely priced) we had the vegan caesar salad (best caesar salad we have both ever had!) smoky tempeh with just the right amount of dressing fabulous paired with a nice rose, then we had the ravioli, homemade marinara with fresh veggies paired with a cote du rhone (amazing!) and we finished with a decadent peanut butter and chocolate mousse with vegan vanilla ice cream paired with a nice plum port. Whoa! The service was perfect, food absolutely delicious. We will most likely be back within the next week to try more dishes. Beautiful little underground restaurant. You won't be disappointed.