All reviews gin tasting front desk small coffee shop city view whole foods hilton brand boutique hotel white house logan circle beautiful lobby bars and restaurants would definitely stay here again walking distance very nice hotel an upgrade bed was comfortable hotel staff
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I booked a 5 night stay at the The Darcy Washington DC and had issues from the time we pulled up to the hotel until now, across multiple departments. I specifically booked the Park and Stay rate, which included parking, and informed both the valet and bellman on duty at the time I arrived. The bellman's immediate response was that parking is not included with the hotel and that I'll need to pay an additional $59/night. He based that knowledge off the fact that he's "been here for x years". I reminded him of the Park and Stay rate, and he reminded me that I was wrong. Seeing this conversation was going nowhere, I stepped in the hotel to speak with the front desk staff who confirmed that parking is included in my rate. I never received an apology from the bellman for his miscommunication.

There is $100 per night added on for incidentals, which caught me off guard, but hey no problem. The confirmed room rate was over $1,600 so what's an additional $500 authorization? Finished check in and proceeded to my room.

The room is nice but has a few issues. No refrigerator (unless, as recommended by front desk staff, you want to remove all of the items in the minibar and further crowd the counter that is already full of items) or microwave (unless you want to pay an additional $20/night for one). The hotel stay was booked for 4 guests but the room only had enough towels for 3 when we arrived. The room has two wireless phones but the button labeled "front desk" doesn't work. Press it all you want but it doesn't ring.

There was information on the hotel website that referenced strollers available for the stay so I stopped by the front desk to pick up a stroller before hitting the streets. However, the two ladies at the front desk knew nothing about them having strollers. I thought maybe I misread and went on about my way for the day but once I confirmed the information again online, I called back to let them know that according to their website, they have strollers. After being placed on hold for a considerable amount of time, front desk staff told me they were checking with housekeeping and would bring one to my room.

Due to some last minute changes, I checked out 1 night early but somehow I have been charged MORE than the confirmed 5 night stay. Have called the hotel and was asked about the tax rate noted on the confirmation I received. Apparently, the tax rate on the confirmation email is incorrect and should have been higher, however, this is not my problem and I should not be held responsible. I'm currently awaiting a call back from their billing team to find out exactly what is going on.

The front desk staff I encountered were friendly but it seems staff overall is not very knowledgeable of hotel offerings. Not only that, I'm a Hilton Honors member and have had better stays at their other properties for more than half the price, without any of these issues. Cannot recommend.

2  Thank awebb
Tobias A, General Manager at The Darcy Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Mr. awebb,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your important feedback. I am very disappointed to read your review and I sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced. We are so much better than this and I will certainly address our shortcomings with my team. I hope that you will give me the opportunity to follow up with you directly. I want to ensure that we resolved your billing concern and I would love to see what I can do to try to regain your trust. You can best reach me at: tobias.arff@thedarcyhotel.com.

Respectfully,
Tobias

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The hotel is very conveniently located. The staff is super friendly. The room price when we stayed was reasonable. Located within walking distance of monuments and the White House, as well as Chinatown.

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Cory M, Director of Rooms at The Darcy Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

cmerwitzer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Darcy. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

What a perfect hotel experience! The hotel is in a great location - walking distance to the White House, National Mall, and lots of restaurants and bars on 14th street. We had our baby with us and hotel staff was so kind and accommodating - they provided a crib and sheet as well as let us borrow a stroller for the weekend. The hotel bar and restaurant is very cute and makes great cocktails. They even offer a signature Darcy Double that is only available to hotel guests during cocktail hour! There is also a wonderful little coffee and breakfast cafe attached to the hotel that is perfect for the morning before you begin your day.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CandieTravels,

Thank you for the awesome review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our Gear Lending program. We hope to see you again next time you're in town.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel with good amenities and friendly stAff.

The hotel is in a good central location, but wouldn’t stay again:

1/ They charge £13 per day for WiFi. All the monuments, restaurants and busses across the city have free WiFi, and a good reputable hotel want to charge over £50 for WiFi during our stay- extortionate.

2/ although in a good location, the location wasn’t what we needed. It’s in a residential area with minimal eateries around- would stay more inwards around capital hill next time,

As I said, hotel was lovely and clean, with good facilities but wouldn’t stay again based on the extortionate WiFi charges, we work on the go and after paying a lot to stay there, that just isn’t a charge we would be willing to pay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank welshhhh

welshhhh,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. With over 50 restaurants within a 3 block radius of the hotel including several of DC's most celebrated eateries and three Michelin star restaurants, I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to find something to your liking. Our staff is more than willing to work with you to find the ideal dinner or lunch spot to meet your preferences. We also offer complimentary internet to all Hilton Honors members, a program that is free to sign up for and can be done at the time of check-in in just a few seconds. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon and show you the true potential of The Darcy.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

As a Hilton diamond member I get to stay at a lot of hotels. This was my 12th stay in 2018 and my 6th Curio stay. This is at the bottom of my list for return visits. Why? Upon arrival, the valet greeted me and told me he would take care of my car and meet me inside. What he actually did was follow me inside to make sure I was checking in. He literally stood behind me the entire time. Well, he got a front row experience that I’m still very disappointed to review. I reserved a king bed room, nothing special or expected. I, of course, asked for an upgrade. Instead, they downgraded me! I got a low floor double queen room with the worlds smallest bathroom. The room was bad, but I was already informed “they were sold out and it’s all they could do.” After my visit I reviewed my bill and saw a room service charge billed to my room for $108!! Luckily, they denoted the persons name in it, yet still billed me. I’ve been in contact twice with the hotel, received a new bill yet, no credit has been issued.
My recommendation is if you have to stay in this part of DC, stay at the Holiday Inn next door.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank jak0m0
Tobias A, General Manager at The Darcy Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear jak0m0,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your loyalty to Hilton. I'm very disappoint to hear about the shortcomings you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please rest ensured that I will share your important feedback with our team and that I will address the challenges you experienced. Your stay was clearly underwhelming and I hope you will give me the opportunity to follow up with you directly to ensure you received the room service credit and to see what I can do to make it up to you. I can best be reached at: tobias.arff@thedarcyhotel.com.

Respectfully,