2,294 results
All reviewsbistro bisunion stationcapitol hillwine hourboutique hotelthe corner bakeryanimal print robesmini baryoga matwine receptionattached restaurantcomplimentary winecapital buildingsupreme courtnational mallfront desk staffconvenient location
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The George had a very friendly staff. They were very helpful with any questions on where to eat to how to get there. I had originally requested a room with two queen beds. When I arrived they did not have one available and gave me a king with a pull out sofa. They were able to move us to a new room the next day. The beds were really nice and comfortable with feather pillows and comforter. They also have free wine happy hour everyday which I thought was a nice touch. It's a block away from Union Station so easy to catch the redline. There weren't too many restaurants in the area though except at Union Station or to take a taxi somewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: Carmie0307, thank you for the wonderful review. I am very happy to see that my staff was able to take care of you during your stay. Yes, the manager hosted wine reception is one of my favorite perks here at the Hotel George and I am glad you were able to join us! Speaking of perks, next time you come to visit, you should try our new complimentary Bike Program!

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Excellent location,helpful friendly staff. But the room, upgraded, was still very old and tired, needs a solid renovation. Handy to central station which is a great place to visit and explore.
Recommend Hop On Hop Off tours located at the station for value and great guides.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: areyathere, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for choosing the Hotel George.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Traveled to this lhotel for business. The location is great, a block from Union Station. The check in with Eduardo was great. He was very accomodating and kind. All the staff was friendly. I misplaced my bill and Bria immediately emailed me a copy. The wine hour at night was a nice touch.

Room Tip: My first room was on 2nd floor by elevator. I asked for a change and was placed on the 8th floor. It was wonderful. Very quiet, slept well.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: Chris R, thank you for sharing with us your feedback and recognizing our wonderful staff. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 25 September 2012

As with most things, the first impression counts the most. The doorman was friendly and accomodating, the registration process was quick and easy, my room was fresh and inviting, the work station large with enough plugs, and the bathroom clean. As I used the hallways, the staff always acknowledged me. The adjoining restaurant, Bistro Bis had a great bar and menu plus a knowledgeable wait staff. Most of my time was spent at the Capitol and Union Station, both of which are within an easy walking distance. Overall, a really enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Never unpack before checking the quality of the bed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: Ray M, thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful experience. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We stayed two nights to see the sights of capital hill, the national mall, and wanted to be close to Union Station and this hotel was perfect. The Bistro Bis restaurant was outstanding but pricey. There are a couple of Irish pubs around the corner, The Dubliner and the Irish Times that were perfect for our second evening's drinks and meal.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a good view, they offered me an upgrade for $20/night which I declined.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: SteveO220, thank you for your wonderful review! We are looking forward to your next stay here with us!