“Private Birthday Event”
Review of The Bird

The Bird
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bird is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 3,707 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 45
Description: We serve cuisine that's unique and global in a fun and creative space. Our unique and global cuisine utilizes every part of the bird. Dinner service begins daily at 5 PM Monday - Thursday, 4 PM on Friday. Brunch is served on the weekends beginning at 9 AM. Our extensive wine list features New and Old World wines and highlights many sustainable, biodynamic or organic options. Craft cocktails featuring locally curated spirits are also available in addition to three local draft beers.
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We recently booked a private space upstairs for a milestone birthday party.

The space was intimate and exactly what we needed. The Duck meatballs and the Wings were a hit with all our guests (so glad they are still on the menu from when they 1st opened). The Fried Chicken is a must order and for dessert, you have to try the Waffle (everyone was begging to get a second and third taste of).
The staff was friendly, attentive and made the whole evening seamless.

Prior to the event, Andy (events manager) was extremely helpful. He took the time to understand what we needed and then he took the reins and allowed for a worry free event.

If you haven’t been there yet, get there. The food is great, the atmosphere is casual, yet sophisticated.

1  Thank jvarela17
Jason H, Manager at The Bird, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

It was a fantastic evening wasn't it? Look forward to having you return.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This is a terrific restaurant that offers fine food and excellent service. It is quaint and I cannot say enough about the variety of offerings and the excellence of the wait staff. It is in a neighborhood....kind of off the beaten path. However, if you have a chance to experience The Bird, you will be glad you did.

Jason H, Manager at The Bird, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Denny,

Thank you for your kind words, and the time you took to leave us a review. Look forward to having you join us more often.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

The Bird was in a quieter residential part of DC, and had some good food, and it looked like they change their menu up often. The inside seating area was pretty small, but there is outdoor seating as well.

Jason H, Manager at The Bird, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Ryan,

I appreciate the review, happy to hear you enjoyed the food. On your next visit give us a call and we will happily provide you will seating arrangements to make your experience with us as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Loved this place. Went during happy hour and had amazing drinks and food. The waitress, I believe their name was Keeli, made great suggestions and was more than helpful. Seated outside upstairs was lovely during the sunset and a light breeze. Price was a little high for my taste, but keeli made it more than worth it.

Would highly recommend to friends who are visiting dc and will make sure I visit again if I find myself in the area.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I booked a table here as it was at that point in the top 10 restaurants in DC. We came here before a concert at the Warner Theatre as we were looking for somewhere casual.

The lady who served us was lovely, really friendly and the service was fantastic. We sat inside (as we were very hot after our walk) but there is a nice outside bit to sit at if you'd prefer. I liked the decor as it was quirky and a nice casual atmosphere.

The food was a hit or a miss which is a shame. We shared some of the best wings we have ever had for a starter. For main I had the buttermilk chicken which was ok but it felt a bit too greasy for me. My husband had the beef and duck burger and said that the taste was nice but he wasn't a fan of the texture of it.

In the end we had arrived from Scotland days before so by this point our jet lag had hit us so i couldn't finish my main (in fact it looked like I hadn't eaten it). I did explain to the lovely waitress the reason why I could not eat my main course (due to the jet lag). If it hadn't been for this I would have been able to eat more.

She offered to box up the rest of the chicken but due to the concert we were not allowed to take it in so we did explain that but thanked her very much for offering this to us.

Would I go again, yes I would as there were other things on the menu that sounded lovely.

I would not describe this rating as average, I would say it was good.