“Ducked in because it was Peking my interest!”
Review of Wok & Roll

Wok & Roll
Ranked #544 of 3,705 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Description: Located in heart of Adams Morgan and Chinatown, Wok and Roll restaurant serves the best of Japanese and Chinese cuisine in a clean, modern and warm atmosphere. From Chinese entrees such as General Tso's chicken and Peking duck to great selections from the sushi bar including the popular Hawaiian, Market, and Flying Dragon Rolls, our large menu has something for everyone. We use only the freshest and highest quality organic ingredients. Our full bar serves a variety of drinks including domestic and foreign beers, hot and cold sake, wine, and wine. Grab a drink and come karaoke with us! We have 9 private rooms and a karaoke bar upstairs for you to enjoy. Our karaoke entertainment system features over 50,000 hit songs from all the time. We also have one of the best patios in Adams Morgan! In addition to dine-in, we offer take-out and delivery (including large orders). Next time you're in Adams Morgan, come down to Wok and Roll for great food, drinks, karaoke, and an amazing time!
Reviewed 23 March 2017

My friend, her 10 year old, and I went out to DC's Chinatown. We walked down 7th St. before deciding on this place. The place was busy, but we were seated in 20 minutes. The waitress was a little hard to understand, but was very quick to make it up with check ups and water. She started us with fried wonton noodles and duck sauce. We ordered drinks and apps. For appetizers, we had sushi and wings. The was OK. It seemed to be oddly cut. The wings were temperature hot, not spicy when they came out. The cherry sauce that came with it was amazing. For our entree, we had: sesame chicken, Vegetable something....I lost interest in their meals when my half a Peking duck came out. It came with a Hoisin sauce, sticky rice, green onions, and pancakes. The skin was that nice crisp golden brown. The duck was $15.95. The total bill including tip, 3 entrees, and drinks came to $84.95. The meal was great!

Victor T, Owner at Wok & Roll, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

We're delighted that you decided to dine with us! Thank you for taking the time to write so generously about your experience, and for your kind words about the attentiveness of the staff and the deliciousness of the cherry sauce and Peking duck. It was a pleasure to have you and we hope you'll be back before too long!

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I ordered the Orange Beef. The beef was so thin that it was tough and impossible to cut or chew. The sauce was too sweet and had almost spice. A disappointing meal.

Victor T, Owner at Wok & Roll, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

We're very sorry to hear that your Orange Beef didn't live up to your expectations! We hope you alerted the staff to your concerns, as we want every guest to walk away satisfied by their meal, and we appreciate any opportunity to put things to rights. Thank you for dining with us, and taking the time to write thoughtfully about your experience. We hope we'll get another chance to impress someday.

Best,

Reviewed 17 February 2017

I have visited this restaurant many times over the years., usually before a hockey game at Verizon Center. Recently, the conditions seem to have deteriorated. My father and I shared a plate of Beef & Broccoli on December 23rd before the Caps game against Tampa. Before the 2nd period began, I began to feel ill. Before the 2nd period ended, I had vomited into my popcorn bag, twice. By the time we decided to leave the game in the third period, I had thrown up 5 times. My 85 year old father had to drive me home while I vomited 4 more times. Sometime before midnight, my father also got sick and vomited several times. He was not as sick as I was, probably because he ate much less food than I did. I am not a doctor, but this seems to be a pretty clear case of food poisoning. I can't imagine any other explanation. I was fine the next day and my father recovered hours later. We won't be going back to Wok & Roll.

Victor T, Owner at Wok & Roll, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

While I am sorry to hear about your illness, I can assure you that we take the health of our guests very seriously, which is why we follow all food safety guidelines to the letter. Given our commitment to using only the freshest ingredients, the skill and attention to detail of our kitchen staff, and the fact that these symptoms can take up to 48 hours to manifest, I feel confident in saying that we weren't the cause of your illness. That said, I completely understand the tendency to associate this with the last thing eaten, and I hope you'll give us another chance to make a better association with our restaurant.

Best,

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Out of all restaurants, this is the only one I found reasonably priced. The dishes were good, not excellent but the portion was big compared with the price. I might consider visiting the place again when I want Asian food in DC

Victor T, Owner at Wok & Roll, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Thanks for checking us out, Lien! We're glad you're a fan of our prices and portions, though we wish we had wowed you in the flavor department, too. Hope you'll be back soon for an even better experience.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

A must for all tourists, best food in all of China town for me. The green tea is great and we had General Tso's, hunan chicken and chicken & broccoli. Everything is fresh and make sure you order the Dumplings......Amazing.

Customer service is excellent. Fast turnover service.

1  Thank Lazina F
Victor T, Owner at Wok & Roll, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

We're delighted to be recommended by you, Lazina! Thank you for your kind words about the cuisine and service -- it sounds like you loved everything you order, and we couldn't be happier. Hope it won't be too long before your next visit!