Hotel Costa Verde Beach Resort
  • Restaurant
US$ 72
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Islazul Villa Don Lino(Rafael Freyre)
US$ 71
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Hotel Pernik(Holguin)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvip barplus sidelobster dinnera la cartesmain buffetpizzaitalian restaurantsnack barwater shoesfishmain poolnewer roomspublic bathroomsomelette ladythird floorcloser to the beachstayed in building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

March 2018 just back from our 3rd trip to Cuba, to the Blau Costa Verde now named Fiesta Americana. Here is our honest family review. We love this resort for many reasons: the fantastic beach, the wonderful friendly professional staff, the excellent food and yummy drinks! The name changed but the place is the same, it is nice to go to a resort and feel safe, comfortable and welcomed back year after year. This is what these people do. From the door men, to the front desk, the security guards, the wait staff, bar tenders, coffee baristas, on line cooks, the maids, the gardeners, the beach staff, to the entertainment team they are ALL FRIENDLY AND AMAZING. Many of the staff have become our friends. The resort is clean, our rooms in block 1 (aka non plus section) have always been clean, the sheets and pillows are new this year. We have great water pressure, hot showers and a/c. The food in the buffet is excellent, there is choice of fresh fish, vegetables and fruit at every meal. We noticed a bit of Mexican additions this time, with the new owners there were cheese quesadillas, all the makings for fajitas and hot chocolate with cinnamon that did not disappoint. Please don’t get rid of the wonderful Cuban red beans and rice it’s our favourite. We all enjoy aqua fit, salsa lessons and bingo which all help us pick up some Spanish words. The nightly shows are wonderfully entertaining for all ages, as is the kids club mini disco. The only things we would like to see improve and repaired as soon as possible are: (1) the broken tiles in the main pool at the Azul bar, (2) the return of outdoor lights leading to block one and (3) the repair of the locks on the women’s bathroom stalls in the lobby bathroom. Without a doubt we will be back to Fiesta Americana as soon as we can, our kids love it so much they asked when are we coming back on day two of this holiday. We look forward to seeing all the lovely Cuban workers that make the Fiesta Americana what it is. See you again or as you say “Nos vemos luego.”

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main entertainment stage are quieter. Room safe, a/c and balcony in all rooms!
2  Thank lindafw2016
ManagementBlauCV, Public Relations at Hotel Costa Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear lindafw2016

We like to read your opinion and we thank you for posting your experience. We are delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us. I hope to see you again soon and thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I hope we can meet you the next time you are here on Tuesdays at the returning guests dinner

Gabriela Almaguer Avila Customer Service

Reviewed 16 March 2018

What a wonderful place!! Check in was fast. Don't be fooled by the lobby, it's not extravaganza type of thing, but the rest is just awesome. It's very clean throughout the resort (including man's bathroom). It was pretty quiet, we had access to palapas and long chair everyday even after 10 AM!! Food is just ok, but as long as I am not sick, I'm good!!
Staff are very friendly. Beach is so beautiful but with some little rocks, but nothing to bother me. Room as good size and clean. Everything worked as supposed, the AC, safe, etc...

There is really nothing wrong with this place!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric D

Dear lindafw2016

Best regards,

Gabriela Almaguer Avila Customer Service

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I'll keep this short ...

Check In- Not So Good At All- my husband is Cuban Canadian and Roger at reception went through his passport with a fine tooth comb and didn't want to let him into the hotel as he said it was missing a page??? He got through immigration at the airport it's not Roger's JOB to determine the validity of a passport. Classic case of Cuban on Cuban discrimination. After my husband politely took him back down to earth we were provided with our room.

The Room- TOP NOTCH FOR CUBA- we were both really pleased. Hot Shower, Good Air Con, Nice Clean environment. Maid was excellent and refreshments were provided daily in the fridge. No complaints, really pleased with Plus accommodations.
**TIP book Plus section the other sections has severe flooding in rooms**

The Environment- Always Kept clean, lovely gardens, nice paths for walking. The pool in the PLUS section is FREEZING!!! we spent our time in the other pool or beach. The Beach- ocean is very rocky!!!

Staff Overall ( besides Roger)- Amazing!!! The guys at the beach who run the snorkeling are great. Great rides on the catamaran too. Leo waiter at Lobby bar and pool bar was by far the best waiter there and he is in training!!

Entertainment Staff- Friendly, try to get the games going and are so good with the kids and elderly. Really nice to see how they get try to make your holiday a good one. Special mention to Judy and Alvaro.

The Food- always found something fresh to eat, stay away from the pre made food at the buffett and the burgers and hotdogs at the beach bar.

Biggest downfall- the place was empty - not sure why it's better then most hotels in Holguin. Heard they were going through a transition, the disco is empty and most folks are in bed by 10 PM!!

Overall- we enjoyed a great time with friends and family and really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Book the Plus Section
5  Thank sunloverlkm1975
ManagementBlauCV, Public Relations at Hotel Costa Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear guests
On behalf of the management of Fiesta Americana Holguin Costa Verde, I would like to thank you very much for your very constructive comments. We are constantly working to enhance our guests' experiences and feedbacks like yours help us to get better.

We would like to invite you to a next stay where we surely will exceed your expectations.

Best regards from Cuba,

Lisbet Pérez - Public Relations (asist.rrpp@blau-cv.co.cu)

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We booked the plus side where the accommodations, VIP bar and pool were fine. However, the overall condition of the facility was poor - in need of paint and better gardening. The staff were excellent with so little to work with. The two neighbouring hotels would have been a much better choice based on discussions with their customers and walks through their grounds.

Room Tip: Only choose the plus side, preferably the second floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dissatisfied84

Dear dissatisfied84

Thank you for choosing Fiesta Americana Holguin Costa Verde when visiting Holguin. On our side, we are always happy to know your opinion about our services because your satisfaction is very important to us. We are glad that you chose our property to spend your holiday and at the same time I am really sorry for all the inconveniences during your stay. I read your comments to check with our team. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Warmest regards,
Gabriela Almaguer Avila- Customer Service

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I am not one of those people that complain very often...but this place takes the cake. I have been to many resorts and have NEVER written a bad review...this time is the exception. From the minute we stepped on the resort to the minute we stepped off....it was one thing after another. We arrived on Friday morning, March 2, 2018 and the man that checked us in was rude...he was unpleasant and made you feel like you were bothering him. When I asked for a map of the resort he waved his hand at me like he was dismissing me and told me they do not provide maps. (he never bothered to tell me that customer service would print me off a map) which was right beside the check-in desk. When we finally got to our room which was in block 27 - we immediately wanted to check out our "Ocean View" room that we had paid EXTRA $$ for. When we opened the curtain to the balcony we could see a little bit of blue far off in the distance way over the trees.....it was not within walking distance....nor could you even hear the waves.....this place is misleading and a money grab. In the HOTEL reviews it post pictures from the room overlooking the ocean......this is IMPOSSIBLE based on how/where this resort is located. This hotel also promises ongoing activities day and night......NOTHING.....and I mean NOTHING was going on. There were no activities and if there were no one got involved because they certainly did not try to get eople involved. There is no music playing throughout the resort and it is just plain BORING....there is NOTHING 4 Star about this place......I travel via TRANSAT and I will be making sure they know about our experience. The next thing is the food.....the food is disgusting.....I spent the last 2 full days of my vacation in my room....I did not see daylight as I could not leave the bathroom.......this happened to several other people I met.....a family of 4 I met were also all sick...and on the return flight home we spoke with several other people that were sick from the food. If you went to see the doctor.....it was $25 up front....just to see the doctor and then they wanted cash. One lady was told she could not leave the resort until she paid them $700.00. I mean what resort makes you sick and then make you pay for it? How about this.....your getting bread from the buffet and there are cockroaches crawling on the bread.....when you notify the people they just shrug their shoulders. Now.....I expect some bugs in the rooms (we killed about 10 cockroaches) but in the food? really? The only positive comment I have to make is about the cleanliness of the resort....it was clean and the grounds are kept nice........BUT.....there is always a sewage odour around the pool area and I'll give you $10 bucks if you can find a bathroom stall in ANY of the public washrooms where the doors actually lock. I have stayed in 3 stars that outshine this place. And beware....they are changing the name to Fiesta Americano (or something like that). OH....and the beds are as hard as rock.....the cover blanket is like a curtain...its stiff and scratchy and there is NO LUXURY here whatsoever. The Hotel reviews are fabricated and full of lies and the pictures are deceiving.

Room Tip: for a good room go elsewhere
5  Thank Lisa M