See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 December 2015

Nicest rooms we had in Cuba, but the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Rooms were large, clean with good A/C and hot water and even had a flat screen tv. Pool looked a little suspect and the restaurant was just ok.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Milos1
Reviewed 25 September 2015

We had a really bad time at this hotel. We should have stayed at a casa particular nearby that a friend recommend us, but we deceided to stay here, not a clever move really... The hotel was not clean and the service was not what we had expected. Our towels were not changed when we left them on the floor aas a clear sign that we wanted them to be changed. The food was OK, but not actually delicious.

Room Tip: I guess all rooms were like ours: not dirty yet not entirely spotless.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jules W
Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

I am all about positive feedback so hotels can learn, but dont have to get punished for it, but this hotel gets no love from me. Had to spend one night here with my wife to catch a plane the next morning and I spend the night comforting her, that the night would soon be over. It was so dirty that even the bugs were affraid to touch the ground. The airco looked like it was blowing diseases in our room, my wife put on the little mermaid lights we had on the wall to only discover that her pillow was covered with ants. I can go on like this, but there is no point.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marnick V
Reviewed 27 May 2015

There aren't many big hotels in Holguin, city of parks and a lot of green. El Bosque, recently (?) renovated, was supposed to be the best one (said our guide). Although "far from the madding crowd", totally away from the city centre, we thought the Revolucion had started again here, since it was a Sunday, and the whole of Holguin seemed to be in or around the swimming pool, making more noise than the afficionados of the World Cup in Brasil. However, the quite nice bungalows masked this, and from 6 p.m. onwards, everybody disappeared again. The restaurant was closed for a congress that night, and the replacing snackbar was nothing special. The waiter didn't speak any other language and couldn't even guess that we were asking for our bill, at the end, so he had to fetch somebody from the big restaurant... Rooms were fine, apart from one where two of our girls slept, who discovered a tarantula...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jempie
Reviewed 17 May 2015

Our group spent the night in Holguin in "El Bosque", a small hotel complex away from the city center. This had the advantage that it was not loud. The rooms were in small buildings surrounded by a lot of green. The hotel complex contained also a pool area; large towels were available in the room. My room had the first AC with digital display of the current and set temperature. My room was generally nice and quiet in great green environment. Just the bathroom showed that they have difficulty to maintain the facility: The handle from the shower valve was broken and there was no possibility of placing the soap in the shower area.
The breakfast buffet was great! The omelettes were prepared fresh according to one's wishes. And the selection of other dishes was wide. This was by far the best hotel I had during my trip through Cuba. If I would come back to Holguin I certainly would stay there again despite that most of the staff at the reception were not able to communicate in English. 4.5 out of 5

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends