Casa de Yodalis Trasobares
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Holguin
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Hotel Pernik(Holguin)
  • Restaurant
Islazul Villa Don Lino(Rafael Freyre)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2017

As part of a study trip I took a group of 9 university students to Cuba and stayed here for 3 days. Yodalis took great care of us! the rooms were all very clean and neat, the breakfasts were excellent, and everyone we met there was very friendly. We had more in our group than she could accommodate in her house but she had extra places very close for the rest. When the students accidentally broke something, she was very understanding. Once there was an issue with a toilet and it was fixed very promptly. I have led groups all over the world, and this was definitely the nicest accommodations of its type that I've stayed at!

Room Tip: the upstairs suite is the nicest room. rooms in the adjoining building are not quite as nice as those in the main house.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Yodalis has beautifull en huge rooms. Very comfortable and everything is clean. The breakfast is great.
Further on is she a very kind and helpfull women. I can recommend this Casa Particulares to everybody.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2015

it is very nice to stay in this house with perfect breakfast and a good price, in our 3 weeks trip through cuba one of the nicest habitacion. no noise of cars or else. Very friendly owners , to go about 10 minutes to the centre.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent 4 nights in this wonderful home and we found the host family to be the best.They went out of their way to make us feel welcome.The food they served us was top quality and in a wonderful setting. The grandmother made papaya jam that tasted just like caramel and I had some every day.My wife Simone and I walked every day to the historic center and found it to be very safe. Luis, Yodalis's husband took us to the mirador where you can see the whole city.Our room was very nice and we can say that they had the biggest towels in any place that we ever stayed in.

Room Tip: New rooms are on the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happy-seniors2
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was the first casa I stayed in during my 4 week trip. Yodalis took me in for 2 nights after I was shafted by another casa owner. I didn't realize it at the time, but the food and hospitality here were to be some of the best of my trip.

The room was clean and comfortable enough. The bed could have been better, but then that is par for the course in most of the casas. I never did get the hot water to work properly, but I think that I just was too impatient. There is nice little area outside to have meals and relax.

The dinners here were really the highlight. The lovely lady in the kitchen is the best 'home cook' that I came across in Cuba. Her meals were not gourmet, but thoughtfully and carefully spiced and varied. The fish was my favourite and her black beans were the best I've had anywhere.

Yodalis's English is pretty good and she is a very nice person. She generally left me to my own devices, but was really helpful when I did ask for any assistance. When I realized at the last minute that I needed to get on the bus, she went out of her way to find me a casa in the next town and get me to the bus station.

This casa is not super central, but an easy 7-10 walk to the main square. As another reviewer has mentioned, you don't get a key to the front door. This didn't bother me, as I warned them when I was going to be late (after midnight) and someone was waiting up watching tele.

When I was there, Yodalis was adding two apartments upstairs. I didn't see them, but it sounded like they would be self-contained. I did notice the brand new split air conditioners, which would be a huge plus as most a/c's in Cuba are pretty noisy.

There may be more luxurious casas in Holguin, but I would come back to this casa without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo