Brisas Trinidad del Mar
Hotel Ancon(Playa Ancon)
US$ 106
US$ 92
Hotel La Ronda(Trinidad)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
1,735 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The single star as opposed to zero stars is based on the location, setting, and housekeepers and wait staff. We arrived on a rainy Friday night. We found half the electricity did not work in our room, and a broken safe. The buffet dinner ranged from unhealty (mold on fruit) to inedible. That night we discovered we had no hot water, that the shower head delivered water in fast drips. Calls to the front desk were unanswered, busy, or told it's Friday, we can't do anything until tomorrow. Saturday, despite promises, there was no change is the delivery of hot water or water pressure, this despite a promise to bring a new shower head, a promise that did not materialize. Saturday the hotel 'ran out of exchange money', a situation that lasted through the weekend. The towels in our room had black (mascara?) and make-up stains. The water and electricity and food situation affected the entire hotel for the entire weekend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rena R
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed at the Brisas in Trinidad for 4 nights after being in Havana for 3 nights but before we went to Varadero for a week. This hotel is not a patch on the hotels in Varadero but we thought it gave a more realistic view of Cuba itself. We wanted to visit Trinidad but enjoy the beach too and felt that this hotel was the best option, we weren't disappointed. The food was OK and the entertainment was fun (although a little repetitive) and our beds were comfortable. Stay here if you want to visit Trinidad but if all you want is a beach holiday in a very touristy place then go to Varadero. Four days was enough. Do visit Trinidad and we recommend a Coco taxi back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Lesley61
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This "resort" is state owned and run like all Cuban hotels - and it shows. It would be kind to call the rooms marginal. Our balcony had no chairs and repeated requests were simply ignored. The room was in a general state of disrepair. The sundries store was only open 8am - 6pm so if you wanted something in the evening you were out of luck. Drinks at the bar were served in cheap plastic cups and did not taste good. The worst attribute has to be the food though. I'm not a very picky eater but there were many things on the buffet I would not touch. Many "mystery meats". One of our group tried to cut a pork chop for about 10 minutes and then finally gave up. Hands down, the worst food we have ever experienced anywhere in the world and there are no alternatives nearby.

If I had to compare this place to something outside Cuba it would be a low cost dive resort in Cozumel. However, even the worst of the Cozumel dive resorts have better food and service.

There are simply too many things wrong with this resort to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NC_Hiker
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This property was quite nice for the two nights we were there. I was part of a tour group and so maybe that had something to do with the good time. The food was O.K., the room was good (except we couldn't open our patio door) and we had an ocean view which was marvelous, the service was fine. The beach is great and close to the property. Enjoy yourself and don't worry.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Saturn_Sela
Reviewed 28 March 2012

All the reviews you see on this site are true, including the Good.the Bad and the Ugly.
First the ugly. After three hour flight we had a three and a half hour bus ride. This is after getting up at 3 am to get the 6 am flight (Hola Suntours/Canjet) When we arrive there are no porters so we have to haul our luggage to our rooms.No elevator so had to carry them up three flights of stairs. OK lets have a hot shower? Nope. No hot water and no water pressure. Had no hot water for three days. Fourth day met the largest Cockroach in the world. He was the size of my large toe.
Same day I got the worst case of Diarrhea I have ever had.I still have it a week later. Am going to my doctor to make sure it is not something worse. Can you spell food poisoning or Norovirus? And I even made sure I didnt drink the water so this must have come fromt the food.
Bad; The food except in the al a carte la Virgia restaurant upstairs where you can get lobster for $15 CUC and good wines ( all extra cost)
The bed was so thin and hard both me and my brother has sore backs all the time
Noisy. The walls are so thin you can hear the people in the next room scratching
The first night the couple next door were either "bumping ugly" or doing sit ups . I dont know which but they made a lot of noise.
Doors slamming Staff yelling at each other and the Clock Tower ringing every hour on the hour.
OK so lets have a drink. Cant the lobby bar closes as 10pm. The snack bar is so crowded it takes 20 minutes to get a drink. The management makes sure there are no more than 2 bartenders on duty at any time.Usually just one so they dont have to serve too many drinks.
OH Ya the "noseeums" are still showing up all over my body. Those are the sand flees that bite you and the mark shows up the next day. So the beach is nice but bring lots of bug spray.
The Good; The dancers are young , beautifull and very talented.
Oh ya the AC is iffy

Room Tip: 6207 ++ rooms near the back seem to be quieter Or get a room on the bottom floor so you dont have to walk up three flights all the time
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family