See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We booked the two bedroom family unit (No.1) and were so disappointed in the facilities, particularly for the price ($610 for two nights)

The tiny, pokey “bathroom” was barely bigger than an airplane bathroom and for a room that can house seven people (5 beds) this would have been unbearable.

The window in the lower level bedroom did not close or lock shut so anybody could have opened from the outside (security issue) which also allowed a whole range of mosquitoes to come in and bite us all over during the two nights we were there (yes we sprayed the insect repellent that was in the kitchen and we sprayed ourselves with our own mozzie spray) - pictures of bites attached.

When we returned after our first night our room had not been serviced. We brought this to the owner’s attention and although very friendly, she did nothing to rectify this. We also had to ask for more toilet paper as we were only given 1/4 of a roll for three days.

On our final morning we woke up to find there was no water - nothing, which was then the cherry on top of this overpriced, run down accommodation. We weren’t even notified of having no water and had to call the owner ourselves. We would have preferred some type of compensation but got nothing. By that stage we were over the motel altogether and just wanted to pack up and escape.

This is very outdated and needs a LOT of work.

Also, for a unit that has 5 beds and sleeps 7 people it was ridiculous that it only had 3 forks and 3 knives.

It’s obvious now why they are the only place with vacancy on the island at peak season. Highly disappointed and would not recommend to ANYONE, no matter what the price.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed here for 2x nights in October. Really enjoyed our stay, rooms were clean and cozy and the Owner was very friendly and helpful, let us check in early and gave us some good advice.
We got a deal off grabone and this was excellent value for money. Recommend the continental breakfast - it set us up for the day. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed a night for a work trip. This place was picked as it was close to where my meetings were. It's not at the tourist end of the island.

Note, there is limited places to eat out for dinner in this area. You'd need to drive or taxi to other parts of the island

The people running this place are really really lovely and I have given them my feedback directly. I accept that they will fix the issues.

I don't think this place will ever get to a 3 star, there's too much work required.

In summary, it's not clean, the room smelt unclean, there were stains on the bedding and the mattress was damp. It was an unpleasant stay.

Unfortunately there were also some noisy guests who partied till 2am. I called reception and it was dealt with but it started back up again a around 430am.

I'd suggest paying the extra and staying somewhere cleaner and more comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Legna00
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Well not in my unit anyway - just on the step outside. It looked at me as if to say "what's your problem" and just wandered off without a care in the world. I guess they have a vermin problem if the rats aren't scared of humans. Units were clean but shabby and outdated and in need of maintenance and refurbishment. I touched the towel rail and it fell off.

My colleague had no water the second day of her stay and the owner was surprised when she complained. Her TV was also not working. On arrival a child was working reception and claimed that we did not have a booking, so we had to present the confirmation from them to actually get the room.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank FrequentTravellerWLG
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Friendly staff, they had no problem talking to us about the different places to visit and were helpful when we needed help. The room was clean and surprisingly spacious (had more beds than we expected) and the view was fantastic from the lounge within the room. Would definitely recommend this place if you're staying on Waiheke Island.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family