All reviews saturday market bedroom unit would stay here again enjoyed our stay palm beach rsa countdown supermarket spa vw waiheke microwave
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Christina and her partner were fabulous. I was greeted with a lot of enthusiasm and was immediately shown to my room despite arriving an hour after check-in time. Yes, the room needs updating as the property is a little tired but it's just cosmetics. My room (#8) was extremely spacious with a comfortable queen size bed and kitchen amenities (fridge, microwave, plates, cutlery, tea, and coffee).

The property is a 5-minute walk to a grocery store and there are a few restaurants, café and the best bakery on the island. It's also on 2 bus lines that will get you around the island, the ferry and to all the beaches.

Christina can also book you any tours you want (I recommend one of Ananda's wine tours). I ordered the breakfast for the first day and it was plentiful: 2 slices of bread, butter, jam, Marmite, a banana, yogurt, corn flakes, fruit cup and wheatbix.

I really enjoyed my 4 days on the island and at the motel. I look forward to a return visit.

Room tip: Room #8 is secluded and quiet
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2018

The owner was very pleasant. But I feel they can get away with charging high prices because of it being a tourist destination. The rooms lacked a lot of TLC. To me when I am paying $256 a night, I would expect the room to be serviced the next day. Toilet paper replenished etc, but it wasn't. That is basic service in my book. Location was good.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Had a cute little cabin that had everything we needed and plenty of space. Close to bus stop, supermarkets and cafes and great little Saturday market. There are several wineries quite close by, kids loved the trampoline too. Only suggestion would be to put a fan in the room in the summer, but I believe we stayed during New Zealands hottest days ever recorded, so maybe usually the extreme heat isn’t usually a big issue!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

suggest you make sure that management there are all on the same page with communications so that you dont suffer as I did and be charged for cancelling a booking one month in advance!!! i wont go back there again!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We booked the two bedroom family unit (No.1) and were so disappointed in the facilities, particularly for the price ($610 for two nights)

The tiny, pokey “bathroom” was barely bigger than an airplane bathroom and for a room that can house seven people (5 beds) this would have been unbearable.

The window in the lower level bedroom did not close or lock shut so anybody could have opened from the outside (security issue) which also allowed a whole range of mosquitoes to come in and bite us all over during the two nights we were there (yes we sprayed the insect repellent that was in the kitchen and we sprayed ourselves with our own mozzie spray) - pictures of bites attached.

When we returned after our first night our room had not been serviced. We brought this to the owner’s attention and although very friendly, she did nothing to rectify this. We also had to ask for more toilet paper as we were only given 1/4 of a roll for three days.

On our final morning we woke up to find there was no water - nothing, which was then the cherry on top of this overpriced, run down accommodation. We weren’t even notified of having no water and had to call the owner ourselves. We would have preferred some type of compensation but got nothing. By that stage we were over the motel altogether and just wanted to pack up and escape.

This is very outdated and needs a LOT of work.

Also, for a unit that has 5 beds and sleeps 7 people it was ridiculous that it only had 3 forks and 3 knives.

It’s obvious now why they are the only place with vacancy on the island at peak season. Highly disappointed and would not recommend to ANYONE, no matter what the price.

Trip type: Travelled with friends