“Home from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Picton
Bangkok
“Home from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We cannot rate this motel highly enough. Absolutely no criticisms, the staff could not be more helpful. The gold star goes to Greta who let my husband sit on no less than 3 beds so he could find the most supportive. We're from the UK and have travelled a lot. This motel puts many hotels in the UK and Europe to shame in the way they provide for all your needs. We were really taken care of, and would highly recommend is motel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Nelson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

We decided to get away for a night after having a busy couple of months. We looked at staying in couple of places but the friendless, competitive prices and guarantee of a decent shower made all the difference. Chris's local knowledge and friendliness was something that my partner really appreciated. It was perfect, a great homely feel. I real effort has been made with the furniture and feel within each of the rooms. Fantastic reflection of New Zealand, will definitely visit again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

On a marketing trip around the South Island, I had the fortune to stay at Chris and Kerri's most homely accommodation By Far. I was greeted by a friendly face and they were most accommodating at the late time of check in. The Room was neat, clean and smelled great! It is apparent that great care, time and money was taken in the decor and sleep comforts.
Thank you Chris and Kerri. Will definitely see you on my next marketing tour.
Regards
Ralph
Skydive Fox Glacier

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ralph L
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Last week my brother (from Moeraki - South Is) had a heart attack while on the "Field Day" up North. I am from Dunedin. Naturally his partner Sue, all his family and I were distraught (he is ONLY 58 years old ) ! So, Sue and I searched the net for "puppy friendly" motels cos they have wee Lucy puppy dog. We rang and booked in so we could catch the ferry the next morning to Wellington. Chris was so very helpful and understanding ! X

My brother had been told that he would need either heart stents or bypass surgery and that he wouldn't be able to fly back down South for at least 10 days post procedure. So we did the road trip.

When we got to Gateway Motel Picton, I waited while Sue checked in. As she walked out from Reception, I saw this lady (Kerri) give Sue a cuddle !! X

A few of days later, after my brother had heart stents done, we all headed South (Moeraki for them - Dunedin for me). We crossed the Cook Strait Sunday night and had already rung Kerri and Chris for beds for the night, arriving about 11pm. When we arrived at Gateway Motel Picton, very tired (esp my brother) there were 3 roast meals cooked by Kerri, waiting for us in the oven in our room !!! Wow !! So delicious and so needed !! Where else would you ever find so much kindness and hospitality ?? Thanks Kerri and Chris !!

So, if you ever need a bed in Picton, please choose "Gateway Motel Picton" for a lovely, clean, comfortable stay BUT ESP FOR EXCELLENCE IN PROFESSIONALISM AND SUPER CARING !!!!!

Cheers, Maree Fraser XX

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Frasermob
auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I recently stayed here after my camper van broke down. I can not thank Chris and Kerri enough, within the first few mins of meeting me their personal car was offered to go collect my things and for any other use I may need around the city. I had a fantastic room at a great price, it was cosey, clean, and modern with nice furnishings. The next day they organized to go personally tow my car in the cold and wet right to the door of the towns best mechanic who just so happened to be their friend and he fitted me in the same day in time to get away on the ferry that night! Phew what an incredible effort by all! Everyone I met in the town was wonderful, helpful and genuinely kind, Picton is an awesome place and a must see spot for all visitors to NZ. I can not rate the service these owners provided highly enough. My disaster trip turned into a fantastic experience as Chris and Kerri demonstrated hospitality that deserves a medal! Thanks for everything

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo