“Very disappointed ”

Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 24
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Jolly Roger Bar & Restaurant is a very popular spot set right on the stunning Waikawa Marina. In the colder months you can still enjoy the beautiful view while sitting in our large heated canopy area. The summer months are an extremely busy time here at the Jolly and as we cook all our meals from scratch, this means there can be a wait during peak times, but with the brilliant atmosphere, fantastic views, cold drinks and mouthwatering food, it's worth it! With all our meals being made individually this mean we can cater to most dietary needs.
Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

Yes the views are great and the service ok but..... very disappointed with the food. Soggy fish, tasteless dressing. Neither of us finished our meals. Pub food poorly done.

1  Thank FarAway58731366610
Write a reviewReviews (239)

Reviewed 17 January 2021

Visited a couple of times on holiday and was very happy with my meals and the friendly helpful service. They happily accommodated changes to my meal and it's a nice place to sit and overlook the marina.

Reviewed 6 January 2021

We travelled from Blenheim to have a coffee & a bite to eat. Were told on this particular day that they weren't doing coffees as they were under staffed !!!! ... so had no choice but to have a cold drink.. What happened to staff that you could call in when you are busy ? .... to top that off, the wait on food was over an hour so we had our cold drinks & left. It seems that the owner is just keen to make money here instead of having customers that want to come back. I think he's keen to look after the locals as a watering hole.

1  Thank Cheffoodie61
Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

We came here once years ago & it was just terrible but thought we'd give it another go as there is 25% discount with the entertainment book.

The guy on the phone was rude when I tried to make a booking & when I went to pay & said I had the voucher he said well I wish you'd told me that before! Then he worked the discount out wrong anyway & overcharged us!!

The young waitress dropped a piece of chicken off one of our plates & said she would replace it. Meals were finished, plates were cleared & still we got it's on the way! Had to get it in a takeaway container.

Fabulous location looking over the marina just a shame the meals aren't flash & neither is the service

Date of visit: December 2020
3  Thank MummaandCo
Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

This place isn’t really trying to be anything other than good pub food and that’s exactly what it delivers. I had the Groper which was nice, verges were covered in white sauce which I wasn’t prepared fir but they were ok, potatoes weren’t cooked properly unfortunately which didn’t help this review. Dessert was superb, recommend the Apple Caramel Crumble!

Date of visit: November 2020