“Great soup”

Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in Skagen
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We had fish soup with saffron, herbs and croutons for lunch and it tasted great. The service was OK.
Look for more reviews by MulleEllum.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Situated right by quay, the contentious smell of fish lays heavy on the senses as we walked up to Pakhuset.
The local staff was busy, due to it being peak season, and treats you with cordial Scandinavian civility, meaning the unsure customer may feel overlooked.
We were seated inside, because the terrace was booked for a gig, and here the smell, the noise and atmosphere was overall calmer due to only being half seated.
We took the fish soup, the peeled shrimp and peeled shrimp with breaded and cooked plaice.
All perfectly decent! But I can’t give them a higher grade than that. We eat a lot of fish, and our fish soup is a good ten tiers better than this. The fish soup was creamy, with a hint of saffron but was lacking in both acidity, salt and heat.
The shrimp platters were simpler, based solely on the freshness and quantity of the shrimp. Neither of these points left us disappointed, the shear abundance of shrimp made us yelp! And they were just about as fresh as could be! Served simply with a good helping of mayonnaise, bread and lettuce leaf + the odd sliver of tomato, it was good - better than the soup, but not what we had expected. (If I’m being really peckish the mayonnaise was way too oily.) The breaded and cooked plaice was fresh, though the breading was mournfully enough partly soggy. Pan-fried fish and mayonnaise can be absolutely delicious if done right after all.
On the side note, we asked for extra vegetables rather than the bread that our shrimp meals were served with.This was received rather badly, it was bread or no bread simply.
Though they do have glutenfree bread!
If you are hungry, by the harbour and feel like eating fresh seafood without any pretences – it’s perfect.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stopped here as part of our tour. We were served a lunch of four differently prepared herring. It came with a salad and boiled egg. The herring were smoked, marinated, in a mustard sauce as well as with onion and dill. Herring isn't for everyone. My husband didn't care for it. But I ate mine up. They also served us aquavit. That's a potent drink! They had several different flavors. The restaurant also had many figure heads from ships. Take a look around the restaurant. The figure heads are beautiful.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My grandparents and I went for lunch 14/07/17... first; the waiter forgot to bring the bread to our table, then my grandparents ordered the fish soup and I ordered the moules frites. My grandfather found a dead fly in his soup, and in my dish they had drained all the soup, in which the mussels had been cooked; when I confronted the waiter she went to the kitchen and brought me the soup, but it was simply just white wine and water mixed, it had no flavor to it. At least they did what was right, and told us that we didn't had to pay for our lunch.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Well situated in the harbour precinct with an interesting interior well worth the time to look around, many maritime artefacts to look at decorating the surrounds adding to the ambience.
The wait staff were friendly and helpful, service was good and food excellent. We chose to sit outside as it was a pleasant sunny afternoon which added to the experience.
Would certainly recommend a visit and would not hesitate to revisit if back in the area.
Plenty nearby parking.