“great food”

Ranked #11 of 68 Restaurants in Skagen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2017

this is the little sister to the gourmet restaurant...dont know if the food is from the same kitchen, but it tasted great. Service was very friendly but fell short on a number of occasion. The main waiter didn't respect the line, but seated a couple arriving late, before all others? the wine was served in the wrong order, we had to ask several times for the bill and so on. The food was great and very tasty, but the service wasn't. And the noise was almost unbearable, small room, bad acoustics and lots of small children, screaming.
So all in all, lots of pros and lots of cons...the question is how much does the cons weigh? Ive decide that the food was the main thing and give 4 stars for this, service and the rest was 2 1/2

Reviewed 10 November 2016

A pit-stop for the afternoon-coffee in tremendous facilities and super cafelatte/irish coffee is recommended.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

I think I had set my expectations a bit to high thinking this would be a slightly scaled down version of Ruth's Gourmet. It was good food, but not Michelin star food. That being said, the atmosphere was nice, very good acrostics, and good food for the price. Quality is that of copenhagen but not the prices. Of the four dishes we tried I would say the best and most interesting was the Foie gras terrine, apricots, crisp honey bread and brioche. Many dishes were under 200kr.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

I love moules ét frit and I love the sea. Ruth's Brasserie is the absolute best place to have amazing food and service. I have been there every year the last 3 years and I have had moules ét frit every single time and it is still the best moules ét frit you can get in the northern Denmark!!!!

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Our meal was very delicious, but at a high cost. They had a few vegetarian options as well, though the best part was the creme brulee for dessert. I will say though, that while the service started very nicely, our waitress didn't come back for at least 20 minutes after leaving us to chose a dessert -- she instead was cleaning tables though it was mid-September and really not busy at all. Not so bad that we wouldn't go back (she was friendly), but was a bit annoying.