Days Hotel Riga VEF
Rixwell Elefant Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
US$ 74
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Gertrude Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$ 141
US$ 228
US$ 206
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspublic transportcity centrenice hoteltram busold townshort stayhotel is situatedmin walkreception
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Plus: reasonable equiped rooms with free wi-fi; correct location, if your morning starts from business visits on right bank of Daugava - you should not pass traffics over the brides, which might be terrible during morning hours; lot of parking space; reasonable breakfast
Minus: winter period restaurant worked till 21.00 only ( ! ) - having in consideration, not much places to eat around ( you need to take taxi to city center ) - it's not acceptable at all, especially when business travelers came late and no chance even to take a glass of beer, However in summer period works longer, but still...

Staying here regularly on business purposes, as a result of well balanced quality/price ratio and proximity on locations need to visit. Will not stay for city trips here, as might find better locations in city center.

Room Tip: if you are kind of noise sensitive, ask room not on side to Briviba street - it's main city street with all day round cars and tramways flow
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ekspertas
DaysHotelRigaVEF, General Manager at Days Hotel Riga VEF, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback and choosing Days Hotel Riga VEF for your business stays in Riga! Our restaurant is open daily from 7:00 – 22:00 all seasons, but it can be closed earlier if there are banquets, special group bookings or events in the restaurant. If so, you are always welcome at the Reception. Receptionist will provide you with information about closest places for dinner outside the hotel.
I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be pleasant and comfortable for you! Hope to see you back in Days Hotel Riga VEF soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have stayed in Days Hotel on a number of business occasions and I enjoyed it's boutique style décor and found the breakfast quite good. The rooms are quite big and spacious, clean and tidy. It was also quite, for me when I'm travelling on business its essential. However the ensuite toiletries are a bit of a let down, I'd say bring your own. The rate was very favourable and whereas it's not ideal if you're a tourist and want to stay in the centre, it was perfect location for my stay.

1  Thank cocoporter
DaysHotelRigaVEF, General Manager at Days Hotel Riga VEF, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback! It is pleasure to read our regular client comments of our hotel. We are glad you enjoy your stays with us and thank you for appreciating our services and amenities.

There are complimentary sets of toiletries in Comfort and DeLuxe category rooms, consisting of hair & body gel, body lotion, soap and shower cap, however we are planning to add some items of personal care in DeLuxe category rooms in the nearest future. You may also be interested to know that we are planning to complete the reconstruction of our restaurant in May 2013, so it would be pleasure to welcome you back after our reconstruction is completed.

Hope to welcome you back soon!

Maris Bushs

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have stayed at the Days in Riga a number of times whilst travelling on business. It’s good value for money, no frills type of hotel but they do try to make it somewhat more pleasant than your average budget hotel. The rooms are clean and reasonably spacious. The bathrooms look a little tired but is perfectly acceptable. The staff that I have come in to contact have, on the whole, been polite and efficient if not the friendliest of hotel staff on earth. The restaurant is reasonable by Riga standards although on one occasion I did suffer poor service from staff who seemed offended that I had arrived 30 minutes before the kitchen closed. At one point the waiter refused to bring me another drink even though I was still waiting for my main course!
The location is a little out of town if you want to see the sites that Riga has to offer but public transport is fairly easy to negotiate in Riga.

1  Thank StuandNic
DaysHotelRigaVEF, General Manager at Days Hotel Riga VEF, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback and loyalty to our hotel!

Thank you for appreciating the cleanness, spaciousness of rooms and friendly staff.
I apologize for unpleasant situation in the restaurant. This situation doesn’t represent our customer service level, as we value and respect our guests. I can assure you that I will personally speak to our restaurant staff regarding your comments.

Again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback and I am glad to hear that you find our hotel to be pleasant and comfortable for your business stays and hope to welcome you back soon!

Maris Bushs

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed at the Days hotel in March.
Whilst it is value for money I was let down as a guest.

To begin, it is not in the most attractive part of town, ten minutes in a cab to the old town.

The rooms are presentable and well kept by the room maids, no wardrobe though, just a space to hang your clothes and a few shelves.

Facilities are very basic, free wifi is offered and appreciated, but the bar on the top floor only opens every week or so.
The restaurant is pleasant, but more like a cafe to be honest, breakfast is of a reasonable standard, but if you are a fan of an English type breakfast this isn't for you, the hot offerings are not good.
Evening meals are also served here, again a basic menu, but good cheap food.

My stay however was ruined when at the weekend the hotel allowed a childrens dance group to take over the building at the expense of other guests. Children as young as six were running up and down the corridors screaming and banging on doors until midnight with no supervision, and more important, no consideration for their safety.
They were playing in the lifts, even broke one, and running up and down the stairs.

This went on for three nights, I made numerous calls to reception, and even got out of bed twice to complain, I was told they "can't do anything"
At no time was I offered to move rooms etc. No contact at all from any manager, in fact there was no management presence during my whole stay.

I wont be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2012

If you are only looking for a place to sleep Days hotel works perfect but don’t expect any extras. The service is friendly and the rooms are reasonably clean and well kept. My room smelled funny and the water was yellow but I understood from colleagues that this was not the same in all rooms. Further, I arrived late and checked out early so I didn’t even bother to complain. The breakfast was ok but again no extras but I honestly don’t think you can ask for that at the rates they are charging.