Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excellent 5/5
    • Pool
      Excellent 5/5
      Great 4.5/5
      All reviewsglass pyramidold townlovely parkshort walksmoked salmonnice hotelfreedom monumentcomfortable roomswithin walking distancebreakfast buffetrestaurants and barsexcellent locationvisit riganice stayconvenient locationhotel is situatedsauna
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed there Christmas time.

Good location. Nice rooms on 2nd floor. Nice staff at the reception.

A little chilly at the restaurant. Good breakfast but service there could be better.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
      MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Zincis!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your experience at the Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

I was really happy that you enjoyed almost all aspects of your stay with us and liked the service we provided you with.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotels again.

Best regards from Riga,

Reviewed 22 December 2011

We visited Riga in early December and stayed at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel. The hotel has a superb location in the city centre within walking distance of all attractions. We must praise the staff for helpfulness and good service. The restaurant was excellent and so was the room. If you are looking for a good place to stay visiting Riga, we can recommend the hotel. Coming back to Riga we will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
      1  Thank Arvidw
      MartinsPriedite, On behalf of General Manager at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear Arvidw!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel with other travelers on Tripadvisor.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found us to be a good value. I have noted your comments and hope that your next visit will be even better! I have passed on your kind words to hotel staff.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotels again in near future.

All the best,

Reviewed 18 November 2011

This property is a total disappointment. It clearly shows the radisson chains policy of buying up (or it might even be a franchise) hotels and not doing much with them in way of refurbishment.

This hotel in my book is a solid 3 star hotel. Looks old and feels old. The building from the outside is classic soviet era design and not much changed inside either. The beds are a disgrace and thou its a 5 star hotel nobody even shows up for a turn down service.

The internet is free and fast and the breakfast is ok.

There are over 4 radissons in Riga. This is not the best one for sure.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
      1  Thank GPeto
      MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear LC30Captain!

Thank you for your recent feedback. I was dissapointed that you had issues during your stay with us. It is from feedback that guests give us that we try and improve the service at the hotel. I have taken note and am looking in to them in more detail.

I sincerely apologise for the very unpeasant experience you had with us and I still hope to see you again in near future when your travels bring back to Latvia.

Best regards

Reviewed 15 November 2011

While I am a fan of quaint older hotels with character and charm, I confess to having been seduced by the features of this outstanding Radisson Blu hotel in Riga. I am returning in June and would not consider staying anywhere else (in fact, I am taking about 70 people to Riga, all of whom will stay here). The location is sensational: away from the considerable noise of the city, yet within a very short and pleasant walk to the Old Town center. Additionally it is a short walk in the other direction to the neighborhood of amazing Art Nouveau buildings. Directly behind the hotel is the idyllic park with its canal and boat rides. The hotel itself offers every desirable amenity including free wireless access and superb comfort (with excellent in-room climate control). All services are first-rate and the breakfast room offers everything one could desire. The front desk personnel are welcoming, friendly and good-humored. Complaints? None.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
      MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Dear MaestroAlan!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

I was absolutely delighted to read your comments about your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you liked the style of our rooms and that you also enjoyed your dining experience with us. I have passed on your kind comments to the team.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotels again in June.

Best regards from Riga

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel is a 5-star hotel with prices of 4-star hotels, if you book in advance.
      The hotel was a place for VIPs from Moscow to stay when Latvia was a part of the Soviet Union. The hotel was reconstructed in 2000.
      The location is absolutely the best, surrounded by parks and city's canal. The American embassy that was wall-to-wall nearby, has moved.
      In compare with Latvia hotel, that is in the same Radisson Blu group and is in about the same price brackets, hotel Ridzene is a much more quiet place to stay and is more "Latvian" by the ambiance.
      My Club Carlson membership allowed me to redeem points to pay almost half of the bill for my third (!) stay in the hotel.
      Complimentary breakfast was very good, but I missed Latvian "Sald Skabju Maize" bread. Hotel's restaurant Piramida offers inexpensive lunch: two-course is 7 Ls = $14, three-course is 9 Ls = $18 (however, a message for the chef: where is the delicious (Mediterranean?) fish soup I had last year? :-)
      If you want to eat on a budget, go to Double Coffee. The name does not reflect what it is, this is not a coffee shop, this is good diner. The only exception: avoid the Double Coffee branch that is near McDonalds, if you do not have extra half an hour to wait. The nearest good Double Coffee, named Manhattan, is near a flower market on Brivibas street.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
      MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Dear Victor T!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel with other travellers.

My sincerest thanks for your glowing review of Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel and some aspects about hotel history. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects fo your stay.
      I agree with you that this hotel is „a much more quiet place to stay” and „Hotel is a 5-star hotel with prices of 4-star hotels”.
      It seems that you were to early for enjoying Mediterranean dishes. We started at the end of September with new menu.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotels again.

Kind regards from sunny Riga