“Balsam and beer ”

Colonel Brew Pub & Kitchen
Ranked #279 of 1,168 Restaurants in Riga
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 24
Description: The Brew Pub offers beer on tap brewed using Colonel's own recipe, in addition to a variety of Belgian beers. The kitchen always stands ready to serve sweet and savory Belgian waffles, burgers, steaks, pastas and more! Sports fans can watch their favorite games inside the Pub. Music enthusiasts are welcome to enjoy live performances every weekend. Bring your friends, family and dates, because everyone is welcome under the Colonel's roof!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, good Latvian beer on tap and balsam for anyone wanting to try it. Cosy place. Good music throughout the evening.

1  Thank Bizzy K
LivaManager, Manager at Colonel Brew Pub & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello!
Thank you for the review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed the visit, hope to see you back at Colonel Brew Pub & Kitchen!
Have a nice weekend!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I loved this bar the atmosphere was great and the décor amazing, look out for the huge clock! We stopped off a few times during our stay in Riga partly because it was very close to our hotel but more so because of the great service and have I mentioned the great atmosphere?

After popping in for drinks one day we returned the next day and sampled the lamb and pork sausages, we couldn't decide which we liked the best because they were both equally delicious. We then called back later that night to find a live Latino band playing so it seemed only natural to sink a couple of frozen strawberry margaritas and join in the fun.

It's definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank The_Hoods_Barnsley
LivaManager, Manager at Colonel Brew Pub & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Hello!
Thank you for the review!
We are glad that you enjoyed time at ''Colonel''!
Hope to see you back-we are opening summer terraces very soon!
Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with 3 friends all in our late 50s with an expectation of good food and decent service. How wrong could we be! Having been shown to a table it all went downhill.... Very few items were actually available on the day and I'm talking about basic items such as ribs etc. The food actually available had some of the poorest portion controls ever witnessed in such an establishment and in fairness it was quite expensive too. In time our waitress became more and more surly in her manner so all in all it was the worst "meal" experience I've had in a long long time! We couldn't have been the only ones as numerous groups came and went without ordering once they found out how little of the menu was available:(

Hello!
Please accept our sincere apologies for your unpleasant visit.
I have passed this information to our chef.
We are hoping to see you back at Colonel Brew Pub & Kitchen to improve your visit experience.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Visited here with my coworkers on 3/11. We had no clue exactly what we wanted for dinner so we decided to walk around and find whatever smelled & looked good. We hit the jackpot. This restaurant had a very inviting atmosphere! It's set in a very old building 150yrs maybe? Which made the experience all the better.

I had the "spicy" chicken sausage with fried potates & braised cabbage. It was fantastic. I'd definitely order that again. Only thing was, the sausages were nowhere near spicy. Perhaps the local acceptance of actual spicy food? Either way, the food was fantastic. A hidden gem in the large city of RIga !

Hello!
Thank you for an excellent review.
We are very happy that we fulfilled your visit experience.
Hope to see you back at Colonel Brew Pub & Kitchen!
Have a great day!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here late at night for a drink and food. The decor is great. Stone walls and high ceiling give an almost medieval feel to it. The food was well presented but quite expensive. I had steak and asked for my usual preference of medium rare. It was medium rare at the edges but completely rare in the middle. I asked for it to be cooked a little more and received it back again medium rare at the edges but rare in the middle. The waitress however was insistent this was now medium (quite challenging in her manner!) I left the last bit as very rare and cold isn’t my thing. The steak itself was lovely where it was cooked to my liking. But for over 20 euros incl a side of fries I was disappointed that my tastes weren’t catered to without an attitude. Friends had a superb burger and a nice braising steak dish which was a little small for the price.
The beer served here was really good.

Hello!
Thank you for the review.
I have informed our chef, we will take it into consideration.
Hope to see you back at Colonel Brew Pub & Kitchen to improve your visit experience.
Have a nice day!