“Unique experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kanpachi
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Unique experience”
Reviewed 19 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Our family had a great stay in the converted bomb shelter. Much fun was had playing pool and chilling in the jacuzzi. Our host was very friendly and gave us lots of advice, and arranged an airport transfer.
Would stay again :)

Sarah E
“Hidden treasure of a hideaway”
Reviewed 27 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Wow! We've just had 3 nights in this unusual property which is nothing
Like anywhere I've ever stayed before. You are greeted by an austere unfinished entranceway leading to a sturdy inner front door which is exactly what I'd imagine an old Soviet building to be like. This leads you into a coat room with an original heavy metal door complete with old locking wheel and then onto the kitchen/social area. With a large kitchen table & plenty of seating the kitchen is well equipped with pretty much everything you could reasonably ask for. Off this area at one end is the spa with a large tiled sunken hot tub & sauna, 2 open showers & a cold water bucket plus an enclosed WC & sink. Off the other end of the lounge is the games room with football table, pool table & enclosed smoking area. This in turn leads to a Japanese capsule hotel style cubby bedroom complete with TV & the only window (in the roof, people can't see in!) in the place and alternatively to a bedroom containing 2 sets of double bunks all with privacy curtains. Through this bedroom is another double bedroom with en suite shower room. This property would best suit familiar friends or family due to the bedroom/bathroom combinations but it is so well thought through & designed for the space there is. The great lighting means you don't really miss windows throughout and it can turn the spa area into a relaxing place or a party zone! There is free wifi, a big TV in the lounge area and a computer which feeds speakers throughout the living & spa areas. There is also air con throughout.
Vytautas was great, he collected & dropped us back at the airport & looked after our bags after check out on the last day so we could make the most of the whole day. We had 3 sets of keys & he gave us restaurant & activity suggestions and numbers for a reputable local taxi company which spoke good English. The apartment is slightly out of the main old town area, a 10 minute walk from most evening activities but there is also a supermarket only 5 minutes walk along the same road as the apartment.
I'd happily stay here again- & I can't give a better recommendation than that.

28 Sep 2016
Sarah you did great job by writing this review, as my English not so good (now I have detailed property review in correct English ) I think I will paste your review to my apartment description :)) You was very good guest, with no issues. It was big pleasure to meet such nice people. Send my best wishes to your friends and come back any time. Cheers ! ! !
Vytautas
tanialoos...
Perth, Australia
“Awesome! You'll never want to go above ground!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

One of the best places I've ever stayed. Funky, clean, modern, quiet and the most amazing spa , sauna and sound system. Service was brilliant too. Excellent supermarket 5 mins away and easy walk into the old town. Would definitely recommend!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Salsoulgi...
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent venue for group stay!”
Reviewed 2 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My wife booked the bomb shelter accommodation as a surprise venue for my 40th birthday. Arriving in downtown Vilnius at 01:00, not knowing where I was going, and being guided through a run down graffiti laden door and eroding corridor brought a few concerns as to what kind of accommodation I might be staying in! However, the entrance to the 'secret' hideout, once through the corridor, brought a superbly refurbished and wonderful accommodation for myself and party of 10 guests who were already inside awaiting my arrival. The exterior to the hideout may be old and crumbling but once inside the actual hideout, the accommodation is superb and very well designed. The photos give a clear and accurate representation of what's inside and our group loved the jacuzzi area, kitchen, music sound system and games room. I'd highly recommend it for a group of friends or large family wanting to explore Vilnius - it's only a 10 min walk to pretty much everything in the Old Town. There's no windows of course but that shouldn't bother you. I should also mention the owner, Vytautas, who (my wife tells me - she made all the secret bookings!) was incredibly helpful and made sure everything went smoothly for our stay. He's a great example to what all hotel/accommodation managers/owners should be like!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
10 Jun 2016
Thank you for such a nice review. When I bought that place it was abounded old soviet bunker it took few year to make renovation and your 5 star reviews is the best reward for me and my hard work. Thank you for staying with me and hope you come back again. Maybe next time you will see something different :) Cheers!
nico886
Portland, Maine
“Really nice!”
Reviewed 5 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We visited Vilnius in September 2015, and stayed in Vytautas' place... As the name implies, it is really quite unique:). A former soviet bunker, redesigned very tastefully... You can't really tell from the outside of the building, but the apartment itself is really cool. The first thing you notice, is that it's very clean and neat. It really comes with everything you need, from cooking utensils, to TV/cable, computer, music etc. It has a neat music/stereo system, in which you can play music on the kitchen computer (eg Youtube) and the sound would be transmitted to all rooms (though adjustable for each room)... It also has an impressive "recreation room", with a pool table, and an inside glass smoking area... There are also a Jacuzzi and a sauna, which we ended up not using for lack of time (unfortunately, as they both looked very appealing;). There's an extra fee for using them...
In terms of rooms, it has a bedroom for a couple, with a private bathroom, and another bedroom that has a few bunk beds... There's a second bathroom as well. So it can accommodate a larger group... (Very suitable for a group of young travelers;)
The only thing it didn't have was windows, but again this was a bunker:) It's as comfortable as it can get, otherwise. And it really was an unique experience...
There were a bunch of maps, and info on Vilnius, which we found helpful.
The host (Vytautas) was really nice, and helpful, and always available if we had questions, or needs. We got a ride from him, back and forth to the airport, which saved us a lot of hassle...
Location wise, it was probably 10 minutes (easy) walk from the old town proper...
All in all, we really enjoyed it, and we'd definitely come back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the uniqueness of the place, the pool table, the sauna, the cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
5 Oct 2015
Hosting you and your family was an extremely positive experience. Thanks for left the place spotless.It was a pleasure to host you and would be more than happy to do so again in the future!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing