“Wow, what a nice surprise this place was!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
View from balcony to Gedimino avenue
View to river Neris
View to river Neris
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
GerhardtK...
NYC, NY
“Nice Apartment but Rude and Eavesdropping Owner”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

ON THE PLUS SIDE

The apartment is very beautifully done and has a well-appointed interior. You will not be disappointed with the aesthetics of this place.

ON THE DOWN SIDE

If you don’t like stairs or can’t deal with them, the apartment is on the 4th or 5th floor, I forget which exactly, but it’s at least the 4th floor and with tall ceilings in the building, this means a lot of stairs. The stairs are very long going up to each floor.

The apartment is across from parliament but Far from. old town, so unless you need to do work at Parliament and you don’t need the old town, the apartment will require a cab ride to old town particularly in the cold winters. If the temperature is good, you are looking at a 12-15 minute walk just to reach the start of the old town.

SUPER NEGATIVE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Detailed below but here are my conclusions based on what’s written below:
So my caution to anyone is 1) beware there are likely cameras in the common areas of the apartment and perhaps elsewhere and 2) understand that you’ll be held responsible for any damage done by the cleaner even if you have proof that you didn’t do it.

DETAILS
I had a bad experience with the owner of the apartment which requires some detail to explain.

We rented the apartment for one day. Saturday noon to Sunday morning. We left the apartment at 11:44 am on Sunday morning. When we left, the apartment was not only in perfect condition, but we had cleaned it up, did the dishes and took out the trash even though he had a cleaning lady that would come to do these things.

A few hours after checking out, I received a message from the owner, Giedrius, that a lamp was broken. I had no idea what he was talking about at all, When I left nothing was broken, but I kindly asked him to send photos. I assumed the broken lamp would have been in my bedroom since no one went into the other bedroom except for my friend and only to sleep at night. We had hung out more in my bedroom so I thought maybe some discreet damage was done which was hard to see and easy to overlook.

When he sent me the photos of the broken lamp, it was not hidden/discreet damage that would be hard to see, but instead the lamp was completely smashed. It was the lamp in my friends room where he had only gone to sleep and where me and him had sat talking just before check out. I had seen this lamp 30 minutes before we left, it was fully intact next to the bed. I was sitting on a chair and my friend was sitting on the bed and as I was talking to him, I was literally looking straight at this lamp and it was completely intact and standing! There is no way that other of us had so thoroughly smashed this lamp without noticing it!

From the start I asked him the price of the lamp, which he said was 40 euros, and I told him that I had no problem avoiding an argument and just paying it, but that we didn’t break it and he should be open to the idea that his cleaning lady tripped over it and broke it, because he lamp was situated in a very strange place where it would block a person from getting around one side of the bed.

I explained this to Giedrius and he insisted that I was lying about it all. Then he did something strange and alarming….. he insisted that I had people over and was having a big party. When I told him I didn’t have a party, he adamantly insisted as if he knew for certain, saying that he knew I had people there. It’s one thing to speculate but another thing to insist to the point of calling me a liar. I did in fact have 4 people over for wine and sushi, but this could hardly be classified as a party let alone a big party. And with the lamp fully intact just before check out, I know it wasn’t the people we had over the night before. Given that we washed the dishes and took out the trash and cleaned the place before leaving, My conclusion from his absolute insistence and saying “ I KNOW YOU HAD PEOPLE THERE” is that Giedrius has cameras in this apartment. Now if you don’t care about privacy, that’s fine, but if you do, then beware that the interior of this place is possibly being monitored and recorded. Overall, I had one night in town with my best friend and we wanted a place to hang out with a few of our friends before leaving town, I find it highly inappropriate for a landlord to be spying on tenants who rent his place to relax and have some privacy. Having a few friends over for dinner and drinks is not a punishable offense.

While trying to explain to him about how we really didn’t smash the lamp and that it was intact when we left, he called me an Old Lady…… I'm thinking to myself, wait a minute dude, I have already told you from the start that I don’t care about the 40 euros and that ill pay it, but on principle I want to explain that it really wasn’t us and it really must have been the house keeper, and you call me an old lady????

But the best part was that a few hours later, my friend told me that he actually took pictures of the apartment right before we left and that he has one of the lamp showing it intact. I asked him if the photo is time stamped and since he took the photo with an I-phone, it in fact was! The photo shows that it was taken at 11:39 am on Sunday morning and the lamp is fully intact in the photo. Remember, we left the apartment at 11:44 am and I called him from the car at 12 to ask where the cleaning lady was so I can give her the key. I called Giedrius and emailed him the photo, telling him that clearly the lamp wasn’t broken just before we left and we know we didn’t smash it. He wasn’t phased at all by this and went on a rant about how convenient that we took photos, and that it was too much coincidence for him, so he basically told me, the guy who already agreed to pay no matter what, that I was lying about the photos , that they were fake or doctored with a fake time stamp. I told him I am a landlord myself and if there was some proof that the person who was cleaning my place or otherwise working for me had done this, then I would at least want to know about it. I never told him at any point that I would not pay, I even approached him saying, look I will still pay the money, but you need to see these photos and this is the attitude I received.

He also criticized us for using too many towels. There were 4 small head towels for two 6 foot 4 american guys who needed a shower at check in time and another right before check out. He had a closet full of bath towels we could see through a glass door but it was locked. I wrote him within an hour of check in about the shortage of towels. Its fine if he couldn’t resolve it but very strange to openly criticize us for using too many towels.

I was unable to bring Giedrius the money so I asked a local friend of mine to pay him for me. Another level of embarrassment came when my friend went to pay him. Instead of simply taking the money from my friend, he went on a rant to my friend about how we broke the lamp . It was extremely embarrassing for me later when my friend told me what Giedrius was saying to him Why attack me to an unrelated person when I am agreeing to pay you? It shows very poor form and low character.

So again, my caution to anyone is 1) beware there are likely cameras in the common areas of the apartment and perhaps elsewhere and 2) understand that you’ll be held responsible for any damage done by the cleaner even if you have proof that you didn’t do it.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
29 Feb 2016
Dear Mr.Kallus,
Thank you for you time you took to write very detailed review. Actually we do not had the guest stayed at this property with name of Gerhardt Kallus. Anyway, because this review was published i would like to make clear few moments for our future guests:
1. Privacy - for security reasons in this property is installed one camera placed before entrance door to apartment. The guests can feel 100% private and safe in apartment. No cameras inside apartment!
2. Damage - we trying to do the best for our guests and also asking to keep apartment in condition they found them.
We don't making any problem if during the stay guests braking glasses, plates or some small items. If are damaged more valuable items, like a furniture, lamps, big vases guest is responsible to cover caused damage during his stay.
3.Towels - our property is self catering apartment. For maximum comfort we providing 2 towels for each guest. If our guests requiring more towels or extra beddings or extra cleaning - all extra service conditions we agree before arrival. Apartment is also equipped with all washing facilities for self service.
Kind regards
Giedrius
Donnachka
Seattle, Washington
“Wow, what a nice surprise this place was!”
Reviewed 13 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The pictures really don't do it justice...this place is gorgeous! Our first night here we got take-out from a restaurant and brought it back. The apartment is so beautiful that we just wanted to enjoy it. It's about a 20 minute walk to the Old Town area, and just across the street from the Parliament building. The location is very convenient. Of all the places we stayed during our trip, this was by far the most luxurious. What a lovely way to end our journey!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful and luxurious furnishings, and the plentiful space
Liked least: No elevator, so bags have to be carried up several flights of stairs
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing