All reviews top floor wellness area thai massage nice view nice room pleasant experience the air conditioning executive room modern hotel the hotel staff yogurt free of charge comfortable beds casino kia city job
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Great choice for staying. Rooms are quiet and comfortable and the hotel is well located. Friendly staff and great breakfast buffet. The hotel has a convention center so the lobby is often crowded but there is plenty of space for everyone.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a business event. The beds are hard. The pillows look fluffy, but they’re feather pillows so they flatten out almost instantly. When I checked in, the receptionist didn’t provide any details about breakfast or wifi. The hotel does not provide shampoo or conditioner which I found unusual. Make sure you bring your own. The breakfast was acceptable.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Natália V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Zilina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Client,

Thank you for your review. Your opinion is important to us.Helps us to improve our services such as the lack of communication on the check-in.
In our hotel we do have a pillow menu, where´s the option for a firm pillow if needed.
Regarding the shampoo or conditioner, upon our standards it is provided in the larger dispensers mounted on the walls. We do offer a variety of bottled cosmetics in higher room categories such as Executive room and a Suite.

WIth regards

Vladimir

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I've stayed at many a Holiday Inn before and this is not a good one!
First and most important: I'd arrived at the hotel late afternoon after a VERY hot day, and wanted a cool room and decent shower. Well yes, the shower was decent (personally I'm not bothered if it's combined with a bath as some on here are!) BUT the air conditioning was USELESS. There was no flow of air, just a trickle, and that wasn't particularly cold. I had to open my window, which meant I then suffered from the noise of trains all night!
The room I had was large but dated. I mean - who has cable TV in hotel rooms nowadays? Even this didn't work fully, most English channels were unavailable.
Staff were good, especially those on reception. I had one drink at the bar but it wasn't a particularly good beer so didn't go back for more (opting for something from my minibar instead). I didn't use the restaurant as I love Asian food and there is an excellent Japanese restaurant a 5-10 minute walk up the road (Sushi Hanil - try it).
All in all, as I say, definitely not the best Holiday Inn I've been to.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Zilina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hi fred146!

We're proud of the smiles our hotel staff bring and the extra miles they take for our guests. I'm happy that you appreciate their efforts. I just wish I can say the same with your impression on our rooms. I understand your frustration on the air conditioning, shabby room, and intermittent television cable. These are not part of the experience that we'd like for you to have.

Don't worry, I shared your concerns with our Chief Engineer and General Manager. I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of the issues you raised and address them immediately.

Even if it was not a perfect stay, I still want to thank you for choosing us for your trip in Zilina and sharing your thoughts. We hope to have you again, so we can have another chance to create better memories with you.

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 August 2018

You shouldn't expect too much of a Holiday Inn....and yet I was still disappointed.

First the good:
1) Rooms are clean
2) Free wifi
3) Good breakfast

For many people, those are the most important issues.

However, the service touchpoints are generally very poor and indicate a lack of competition in the area. And not a good representation of the general community here, which I found to be very friendly and helpful.

Here are some disappointments:

1) The standard soap/shampoo provided is a built-in "squeeze" bottle of shower gel. When I requested normal soap and shampoo I was given a tiny bar of soap and a small shower gel. No shampoo. Very odd and resulted in a "bad hair day" at my business meeting.

2) No express laundry service and no ironing board in the room. At check-in I expressed the need for some pressing (suits and shirts). I was told about a next day service but clearly the culture of the hotel is "this is what he have" rather than "how can I help solve your need?". I ended up steaming my shirts over a bath in the bathroom.

3) Combination bath/shower - dated.

4) English channels experience picture breakup on the TV

5) Arranged late check-out. Admittedly ended up being later than arranged time due to meeting that overran, but was charged 100% of next night accommodation - no discussion, no negotiation. Clerk was indignantly triumphant in charging the full rate. Sign behind reception says EUR10 per hour for late checkout but was charged a full extra night because "the cleaning staff have left for the day".

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I had a room on the south side overlooking the surrounding hillsides. Very pretty. The views from the rooftop bar are spectacular. The rooms are very nice, if a bit small. Everything is very clean, the staff is very responsive, the breakfast is good and suits a wide variety of tastes. The hotel is a 20-25 minute walk from the old town city center pedestrian area. There is not a lot of nice area to sit outside (they have a small patio in the blazing sun).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business