Review Highlights

Reviewed 27 August 2018
Erika2601
Trencin, Slovakia
via mobile

All reviews guided tour day trip great view city centre worth the climb nice place small children historical place old town walk around take your time nice walk by foot highest tower special tour beautiful city birds of prey
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Large medieval castle with beautiful view of Trencin and its surrounding. If you get here go to see The Well of Love and Mathias Tower.

1  Thank Juraj J
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

So nice in there, is more to see like before..., new showrooms refurbished in the castle.... recommend to visit....

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

And easy day trip visiting the castle in the town from Bratislava. Lots of Charmaine restaurants and cafés along the pedestrian zone. It’s a charming walk up to the castle to see the beautiful views. The castle is not dog friendly, something to be aware of if traveling with a pet in the hot summer. It was definitely fun to explore.

1  Thank JenniferS2566
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We are Slovak so we took just regular Slovak language tour guide and she was very sweet. There were couple of very interesting things to see, and overall it was interesting.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

A wonderful castle with an amazing view. They also offer guides in various languages and you don't have to know the Slovak history very well to understand the guide. In summer there are various interesting activities such as holding an eagle, collection of owls, eagles, etc., sometimes they show you how they used to produce coins, teach you archery, .. And you get to see the castle from D1 highway when driving.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I have always admired this castle when driving on D1 and so as I had enough time on this trip I decided to stop in Trencin for a while and visit it. Because it was a sudden decision I wasn't prepared well, didn't research parking options in the town very well and chose the prepaid one which made me limited in time I could spent at the castle and I had to leave earlier than I actually wanted yet I enjoyed the visit very much. It is very well preserved, accessible with or without guide and as a bonus it offers amazing views to the town. I truly recommend it.

1  Thank EvaF2Eva
Reviewed 13 June 2018

ok, we did not go to and in the castle, because of the dog we traveled with, but we spend some time in the city, on the caffee terace, looking up. Castle looks amazing. You get the feeling it is hangign over you, all majestic. Really something to make an effort, to keep for future generations.

1  Thank AndrejaKo
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We stopped in Trencin just to visit the castle. Weather was great and you will not be sorry to go and see the castle. It's really beautiful but, as I wrote before for other attractions in Slovakia (castles, caves), audio guide on English would be nice. From the castle city of Trencin is on palm of your hand.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We had a free afternoon and just visited the castle. We liked it very much.
We paid a guarded tour, but there Washington only 3 pages text given ín Hungarian and c.a. 20 ín English and the tour Washington ín Slovak
The guy spoke a few words ín English, even ín Hungarian, and he was very helpful.
But it should be appropriate and plesent, that in a Hungarian castle originating from Hungary, Hungarian materials, or guarding is viable.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Trencin Castle is quite large castle in Slovakia - 3'rd, examination tour takes about one hour, and there are several nice views.