All reviews steak bar train station place to stay city centre great location old town one night slovakia accommodation wifi
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Lovely clean room, but only attic windows so only views of the sky, but we were there to eat the food and see the sites, this place is also is superb steak house, Rosto Steak House , very good cooked breakfast, very clean and an indoor eating and smoking area(not heated). We arrived in Kosice on a late flight 2.a.m. they left the room and door keys across the road with the Bristol Hotel(night porter), You may need a torch or the light on your phone to find the key holes in the dark . Lots of staff spoke English, very hospitable we would/ will stay here again

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2016

There are a lot of places to accommodate located in the city centre of Kosice. We choose a Pension Slovakia at Orlia street. Pension is situated at quiet street. It is around 100 m from Main square and has an own pretty atmosphere. Each room is named by cities in Slovakia. We had bed and breakfast in the room named Kosice. Which is pretty big room/appartment with double bed and sofa (see my photos). Breakfast was a´la carte. We were satisfied. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. One part of the pension is Rosto steakhouse (see my review). I can recommend both of this places.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2015

To be frankly, it is not real penzion, they are just several rooms above restaurant. It means you have to stop waiter to check in. No atmosphere, no emotions. Just overnight. No staff during the night. My room (single room Žilina) good, though very noisy - a noise coming from cooker extractor hood in kitchen, located just below the room, is very loud and it stops only when kitchen operation stops, at 11PM. The same with noise from the yard, where guests or restaurants talk each other just a few meters from your doors so it is noisy, too.
There way problem to pay with card, we spent 15 minutes just to try to pay, then I collected all my cash to pay. In addition, I was accused by staff that it may be problem of my card and not their device... No smile, no empathy, just pokerface "sorry".
I am not a TV watcher, however this is funny: You have got the remote controller to the TV set, but it works only from very specific angle below the TV set. It means, each time you want to switch a channel, you have to come close to the TV set and point the controller to specific position from below the TV set. This was really funny and when I was laughing when waiter explained it to me, I was just told: That is how it works :-)

However, penzion is located very well in the city centre and I was told that restaurant at ground floor is very good. WiFi works well. I don't know to distract you from this pension, it provides you with clean and good room, which is pretty good after 11PM, but I am recommending this penzion only if you have no other option in given price or you are not looking for cosy place with nice atmosphere. You will get your room, but it is more just very nice dormitory then real hotel and the value you got for your money is not high.

Room Tip: Avoid room Žilina, the noise from kitchen ventilation in very loud till 11PM.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Jan T
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very nice little hotel in the center of Kosice at a reasonable price. The receptionist speaks very good English and is absolutely helpful and nice. Breakfast is great, and you also get a 10% discount in the 2 restaurants belonging to the hotel: one is a steak bar below the hotel, the other one is a charming little traditional restaurant on the main street. The room is not too small with a lot of storage space, even in the bathroom, but the walls are indeed very thin.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great location, very central, reasonably priced. Room adequate to good however, paper thin walls, could hear peeps snoring in the next room! No lift so not suited to disabled guests. Bed and breakfast available although we did not try this out. WiFi excellent. There is a daily fruit market outside the Pension which is absolutely brilliant - so cheap. Janice W.

Room Tip: Family sized rooms available I think and there is B&B available.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family