“Triple room is a bit tight”

Hotel Moments Budapest
Ranked #2 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is very nice and modern. Located on the most famous street in Budapest and close to metro and all major attractions. Breakfast is very good. The only complaint I have is the room we had for 3 adults was not really meant as a triple room. The 3rd bed is a rollaway added to the room. Adding the bed meant the closets containing the fridge and safe can only be opened by sliding the bed to the walkway. If you are booking a room for 3 persons, make sure it really is a triple room and not a room for 2 adults with a rollaway added.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
NMork, Vezető at Hotel Moments Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear “Joey N”,

It was fantastic to learn from your generous review that you had enjoyed your stay with us and you had been pleased with the location and our buffet breakfast.

However, I regret to learn that you were not pleased with the bedding and the size of your room. In our Hotel Moments Budapest we provide Double or Twin Rooms with Extra Bed and the third bed is a rollaway bed. The layout of these rooms are more spacious and a 3rd person can be accommodated. Let me take the opportunity to encourage you all our future guest to turn to us for assistance whenever their experience does not meet their expectations.

Let me thank you again for staying with us and for your precious feedback. If I can do anything for you in the future please do not hesitate to let me know, I am pleased to stay at your disposal at any time.

Sincerely yours,

nmork@hotelmoments.hu

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Moments Budapest

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you prefer to avoid large hotel chains, this is your choice in Budapest. Beautifully restored building full of deatils, non-standard shaped large room,excellent bath. Fast reception. Wonderful breakfast. Only con: no parking (public parking 5 minutes walking) and no reserved place for your car when downloading, risk of fines.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear “ACGer”,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us.
I am thrilled that you found our rooms to be perfect along with the hotel being rich in its historical background. We take great pride in the history and uniqueness of the hotel and its style.
Let me thank you as well for highlighting our reception staff and the lavish breakfast.
The entire team would be really glad to welcome you back to our Hotel Moments Budapest!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel Moments has a lot to offer. It's in a great location. I was able to walk around the city for hours come back to the hotel rest and then go back out again. It seems that every place that I wanted to visit was nearby. The hotel itself is well-kept and clean. The staff is friendly and aims to assist you in every way. Hotel Moments was a great find.
Side note: I highly recommend that you have the hotel set up your transportation to and from the hotel. I almost scheduled online for a car to take me to the airport and it was much more expensive than what the hotel offered.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear “Bluez K”,

Thank you for staying with us at our four-star Hotel Moments during visiting the lovely city of Budapest and for sharing your experiences with the travelers’ community.
It made me so happy to learn how much you had enjoyed your stay with us – I especially would like to thank you for highlighting the cleanliness of the room and the excellent location. It filled me with pride to learn from your kind feedback that my colleagues had provided you with an exceptional service throughout your city break, your compliments are greatly appreciated.
I would like to thank you once again for staying with us and for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community. In case there is anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here for the first leg of our honeymoon and we would absolutely recommend others to stay here as well.

Location:
If you must have the night view of the river, this obviously isn't the one for you. With that said, we found the location to be the ideal, being on a main street where various modes of transportation were easily accessible (including several hop on/off tours). It's a block from the city center where all the young people hang out even during weekday nights, and yet it's pretty quiet at night in front of the hotel. It's also within walking distance from the Chain Bridge by the river.

Room/Building:
Our room was modern, clean, well-kept, but a bit cozy. Other than that The bed was comfortable, and we were glad we didn't hear any noise from the street. As for the main area/foyer of the hotel, it was beautifully decorated and very clean with a lot of natural light coming in.

Breakfast:
Great breakfast, with good selection of hot and cold meats and vegetables. The juices were excellent, but the bread were just okay. It did get crowded after 9AM, but the place was well staffed and they were quick to replenish items and clean up after guests.

Staff:
We didn't have a ton of interaction with the front desk/concierge, but they were really responsive and helpful when we did request for their assistance. I emailed the hotel less than 2 hours before arriving in Budapest to see if they could arrange a car to pick us up from the airport and when we arrived, a taxi driver was waiting to pick us up. They also helped us book somewhat last minute reservations at Kollazs and Costes Downtown, as well as book various tours and activities.

Restaurant:
We did spoil ourselves a bit at other fine dining restaurants in Budapest, but we still had excellent time dining at the hotel's restaurant (Bistro Fine) one night. The servers were attentive, the food was great, and the cocktails were superb.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Michael S

Dear “Michael S”,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Hotel Moments Budapest.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and that you found our staff helpful and could be at your assistance with restaurant and transfer reservations.
I am further so happy to know that you found our location to be ideal. We are truly very fortunate to be located in the heart of central Budapest, and further incredibly lucky to be just paces away from hop on hop off stops. It is especially brilliant to know that you felt that you had everything you needed within such easy reach.
It is great to know that you found the food in the Bistro Fine excellent as well. I know Chef will be thrilled by this feedback.
Let me thank you once again for your kind words. I most sincerely hope that you would not hesitate to choose our hotel again, should your travel plans bring you back to the area; we would be happy to have you back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived late afternoon to a very friendly welcome. Had an executive room, very spacious. The hotel was refurbished in 2016 and is in superb order, great thought has been given to the layout and decor. There is a central lounge area where refreshments are available free all day. A business lounge with computers is available for guests to use, handy for printing boarding passes etc.
The bar and restaurant areas are great. We had dinner on two nights, both excellent. Sometimes crowded as the restaurant is open to non residents, so book in advance.
Breakfast is great a variety of everything you could need both hot and cold. Cereals, fruit, breads, pancakes, eggs, bacon etc. You will not go hungry.
The staff in the hotel are excellent and all are friendly and helpful.
The location of the hotel is so handy for most of the attractions. It stands at the lower end of Andrassy street and is a 10 minute stroll to the Chain Bridge, Vici Street, a main shopping area, is also a leisurely 10 minute stroll away.
There are bars and restaurants all around.
All in all we were so pleased we selected this hotel and have no qualms recommending it to others.
One minor point, shower towels could be larger.
We will return.
Thanks to all at the hotel who made our stay memorable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bubbenhall_traveller

Dear “bubbenhall_traveller”,

It is so nice to learn how much you enjoyed your Budapest-break with us, thank you very much for your valuable time taken to post such a wonderful evaluation on our TripAdvisor site
I would like to thank you for emphasizing our great location: the lovely neighborhood filled with shops and nice local restaurants. I am so glad to see that our hotel could be a perfect base for your holiday in our magical city and our team could make your stay even more pleasant with their helpful attitude. To learn that you enjoyed visiting us, so much so that you would return on another occasion is the best feedback that the team and I could hope for.
Let me take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind review and for your kind compliments. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel Moments Budapest.