1,996 results
All reviews costes downtown chain bridge beautiful hotel michelin star restaurant costes restaurant pillow menu the river nespresso machine rooms face upgraded to a suite quiet side street complimentary water would highly recommend this hotel st stephen's basilica free upgrade bottle of champagne within walking distance
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had a very enjoyable 3 night stay at this hotel. From the lovely smell in the entrance lobby, the quick and efficient check in and check out and the gorgeous room with little extras, I could not fault it. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and there were lovely little cakes for us when we arrived in our room. They also provide complimentary water - fizzy and still each day which is very welcome plus a weather forecast and chocolates each evening. Everywhere was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was in a great location - very easy to walk to most of the sights of Budapest. The only negative was the lack of an included breakfast - you could eat at the attached restaurant but it was quite expensive so we didn't bother. If we come back to Budapest I would choose this hotel without hesitation as it was great and I would highly recommend staying here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Miklos_Gaal, General Manager at Prestige Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear jjak-63,

How kind of you to take your valuable time to write such a detailed review on your most recent stay at our lovely Prestige Hotel Budapest!
The fact that you had a very enjoyable stay makes me really proud. Also, it feels amazing that everything was to your satisfaction from the lovely smell in the lobby to your gorgeous room. What's more, I am extremely glad that you appreciated the cake, water, weather forecast and chocolate and I sincerely hope that you had a memorable wedding anniversary at our hotel. Moreover, I would like to thank you for mentioning our very friendly and helpful staff and it felt particularly nice that you highlighted our great location. At the same time, I am deeply sorry that you feel the breakfast was a bit expensive, but you can be entirely sure that you will always get the best quality of everything in Costes Downtown.
Hope your travel plans bring you back to Budapest soon so we will have the opportunity to be your host again.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for four nights. The hotel is located in what we felt was a good location with easy access to the underground, buses and trams. We felt that the free bottles of water were a nice touch but that it was a shame that they were never replenish. We also thought that the two chocolates and the card detailing the following days weather forecast at around 18:30 was very nice however, my husband was rather disappointed when the following day, we came back to the room after being out all day, to find that the uneaten chocolate he had been looking forward to having with a with coffee had been removed from the room.

The bed was very comfortable however a thermostat needs to be fitted on the shower, as particularly in the morning the water temperature would change without warning thus resulting in near scolding me.

There was a good size desk and chair which I could utilise as a dressing table but as with many hotels the only mirrors where in the bathroom or behind a door. I do not want to stand in a bathroom to put my makeup on!

We did not try the breakfast as my husband did not book a package with it included and I felt the £18 each was rather steep. There are plenty of more affordable and fun options near by including Mr Funks and A la Maison Grand.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to couples visiting the city for the first time.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Miklos_Gaal, General Manager at Prestige Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Chatnoir83,

I would like to thank you for sharing your honest opinion about your experiences on TripAdvisor about our lovely Prestige Hotel Budapest.
I would like to thank you very much for your appreciative words concerning the comfortable room you stayed in. We are trying our best to make our guests gratified and leave with the wish of coming back to us that is why we pay so much attention to their comfort.
Hopefully, we will have the opportunity of greeting you again one day you will be always waited with friendly welcome.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for five nights. The hotel is located in city centre and within walking distance to attractions in the Pest side, such as St Stephen’s church and the Parliament.

Service was excellent as well. The concierge was very helpful and polite.

The room was very clean and hygienic.

I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Dear kayyy11,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our lovely Prestige Hotel Budapest as well as taking the time to share your kind words with us.
First and foremost, it is a true pleasure to read that you appreciated the friendly greeting at reception and highlighted our helpful staff, they always do their best to meet the high expectations of our guests. Also, it makes me really proud that you were fully satisfied with the cleanliness of our hotel, we pay a lot of attention to this factor. What's more, I am thrilled that you enjoyed Budapest.
The fact that you would definitely come back to visit our hotel makes us incredibly happy.
We cannot wait to be your host again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel with a grand entrance located perfectly for main attractions. However make sure you get a room without a courtyard view as frankly I got no sleep due to the noise and the light from the courtyard. Alternatively bring an eye mask and ear plugs.

The restaurant is brilliant at this hotel so I suggest making a reservation there. Alternatively there are lots of good restaurants a couple of streets back serving a variety of food.

I would return to this hotel but only if not in a courtyard room.

Dear intheria,

First of all, it fills me with pure happiness that you had a wonderful time at our lovely Prestige Hotel Budapest and you were impressed by our amazing hotel. Thank you for highlighting the location. We are situated close to the city center, to the main public transport routes, therefore minutes from the historic sights of the city. We hope you managed to explore our beautiful capital and visit all the tourist attractions you wanted to. I deeply sorry if you had any inconvenience regarding sleeping in the room, next time please write your preferences on your booking.
We are looking forward very much to greeting you again here, we will always wait you with friendly welcome.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The staff were very pleasant and the interior and exterior of the hotel were very nice. I can’t comment on the food because the prices were very steep. No one could eat enough for £20 per person. The room was small but but having paid quite a bit for this hotel I didn’t expect to have a window facing reception when I opening my curtains! Where is the privacy? So needless to say the curtains were closed constantly. So I may as well have been in
An easy hotel with no windows.

3  Thank nickyashy

Dear nickyashy,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and the effort to write down your honest opinion about our lovely Prestige Hotel Budapest.
Also, it makes us happy that you considered our hotel very nice. At the same time, we are very sorry that you felt you had to pay a lot for the hotel. We believe we offer good price for value.
Thank you again for your kind words. I hope you will return to our hotel sometime in the future.