Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Insider Tour OUTSTANDING!

We spent a full day with Kinga, customizing the Insider Tour by adding on some more time. She was... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Lawrence M
Columbia, United States
Great way to see and hear about the city

The lovely smiley Barbi met us at our hotel and off we went for 5 hours of touring the wonderful... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Jacqui P

All reviews strudel overview tour private tour delights tour food tour hour tour using public transportation foodie tour tour price highly recommend this company jewish quarter fantastic tour personal tour goulash beautiful city great stories hungarian history
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We booked to do the 4 hour Budapest Overview tour, before we went out to Budapest. I had been liaising with Anita in the office, who was really good at answering my questions and being totally flexible in putting a tour together that suited us.I thought it was really helpful that our tour guide "Kinga" would meet us at our hotel, rather than having to find a meeting point on our first day. I was given a photograph of Kinga so knew who to expect.
Kinga was waiting for us exactly on time with a ticket for the underground for us. She was so lovely, friendly, professional and by the end of our tour, we felt like she had been a friend for years! She took us to all the main tourist attractions and other areas that tourists wouldn't know about.The tour was mainly on foot but we used the underground, which was great as once we had done it with KInga, we felt confident using it on our own for the rest of our stay. Kinga explained everything in perfect English, and she is so knowledgeable about the history of Budapest.
Beforehand I was worried it might be a bit boring, but it was the opposite infact...our family of 4 were all so interested in everything she had to tell us. We are so pleased we had Kinga because if we had visited the sights by ourselves, we would have been there a few minutes, looked at it, took a photo and moved on. However Kinga was able to tell us the history behind everything, and it just made everything so much more interesting. We asked her endless questions and she confidently answered all of them.
There was no rush, we just did the tour at our pace. It was lovely to stop off at the Strudel house and have a cup of tea and try a selection of local strudels.
I just cannot recommend Kinga and this company highly enough, they are so professional and booking a tour with them was the best money we spent whilst in Budapest. An absolute must if you are visiting Budapest.

1  Thank Sam23031968
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have visited Budapest a number of times over the years, and on my last visit I did a tour that covered the history of communism in Budapest.

For a return visit I was curious to learn more about the Jewish history of the city (my previous tour had very minimally touched upon in) and from research I loved the look of Budapest Locals, as they offered a more personal touch.

After a few emails a time and date was set for my tour and on clock work Gerda was waiting for me in the lobby of my hotel.

Gerda is a fantastic guide and really knows her stuff as she explained everything perfectly, as well as dropped in little nice bits of info here and there.

Budapest’s Jewish Quarter is not all that big, but a lot of ground is covered, yet passed in no time, with a few stops for coffee and also a beer in a ruin bar.

Very professional company and a great tour company to get to know the insides and outs of Budapest.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This was by far the best way to see the city when visiting. We were not only informed on the history and culture of the city, but also were able to visit some of the hidden gems of the city. Detti & Barbara were awesome guides! Both of them are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. They took us around the city and even allowed us to indulge in some delicious pasteries. Both girls provided us with great restaurant and wine bar recommendations!

I would definitely recommend this tour if you are ever in Budapest!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my mom were staying in Budapest for three days and I wanted to book a tour where you get a good overview of Budapest, with a friendly, nice guide who could be open for the thousands of question I knew my history loving mom would be asking. And that's exactly what we got and much more!!
Anita took care of the organizing part and replied immediately to my emails and even gave us some tips to do in Budapest outside of the tour.
Our tour guide was Kinga which picked us up to our apartment and led us through the city in a very organized but relaxed way and you really felt like you were visiting the city with a friend and having a conversation. Kinga has a great historical background and told the history of Hungary in a very interesting and fascinating way so there was never a boring moment and the time really flew while we threaded the city.
The break at the Strudel house was just perfect where we tasted different types of strudel and even tried a local fruit brandy Pálinka which was though "only" 40%, normally they are even stronger, according to the owner!
Just a perfect day despite of the rain and we felt afterwards as we knew everything there is to know about Budapest! Definitely priceworthy and very much recommended!

2  Thank Katrín Þ
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Great day trip around Budapest, the Budapest locals team was very professional from first email through to end of tour and Bridget was very knowledgeable and super nice! Highly recommended

1  Thank Angie S