“Good Service + Ramen”

BIWAKO Ramen House & Grocery
Ranked #925 of 3,677 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: We are the first place in Budapest serving tasty Japanese Ramen. We are not serving only ramen but also authentic Japanese food. We are looking forward serving you our great food soon.
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Definitely not the best ramen I've ever tasted but for European standards it was reasonable. They close quite early (9pm) so get there early. I enjoyed the miso ramen but it was pretty pricey considering food around the local area.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

I've eaten at Biwako twice and both times it was excellent. The first time I had the spicy miso ramen and the second time I had the soy ramen and both were great. The gyoza are really good too, not greasy like at other places. The fried rice is also good. I to the combination of ramen soup and fried rice with gyoza on the side and it was terrific! The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is bright and clean and nice. It's a great place to eat, and just a few steps away from Oktogon and the Ring Street.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

First time in my life I ate ramen soup and they didn't disappoint me! Was super yummy rich soup! Perfect for rainy weather

Reviewed 17 November 2016

I am an American residing in Budapest for school, and I adore good, authentic, Asian food, and I seek it out whenever I hear a rumor or find a good recommendation on Tripadvisor.

Tonight I tried Biwako and was delighted! I had the spicy miso ramen and fried rice, thanks to a recommendation I had received, and I also tried the gyoza. The gyoza are fabulous! Better than they are at my other favorite Japanese place in Budapest---not as greasy! The ramen was excellent and the fried rice, mon Dieu! I usually think fried rice is boring but someone had told me it was excellent and it was!

I also tried a glass of sweet potato liquor and a glass of sake. Not my favorite drinks necessarily, but they were served wonderfully. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, from my wonderful serving person all the way up to the owner. I will definitely be going back. I noticed they serve Japanese hot pot for two or more during the winter season, and I will definitely drag some friends along for that! Check out Biwako if you want some authentic and delicious Japanese noodles and sides.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Simply the best ramen you can get outside if Japan. I had the roast beef with soy base which was a favorite of mine in Japan... I haven't found it anywhere since we left until now. So glad we found this ramen house!

1  Thank Donald H