“Awful and avoid at all costs”
Review of Chez Daniel

Chez Daniel
Ranked #1,978 of 3,582 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Terézváros
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Most awful choice you can make. The service is terrible and the owner was constantly arguing with his wife and completely ignoring his guests. Moreover, the food was overpriced and not worth the long wait. Don't go to this place!!!!

6  Thank Bas R

Reviewed 28 March 2015

In the last years this was my favourite french restaurant in Budapest. But. There is always a but. They made the same mistake as many others as well. Probably they are tired, or I don't know. The food is boring, the perspnal is chaotic, so csn't recommend it. Sorry.

5  Thank Gaborkauser
Reviewed 15 October 2014 via mobile

My experience was not good at all at this restaurant. Poor restaurant design, very poor service, average - ok food, and above all bad bad atmosphere what I experienced there.

8  Thank GabyHungary
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Wow. I read some of the negative reviews and thought "Was I in the same place?" I was there at the end of June 2014. Stopped in during the day with my family and we were taken care of beautifully. It was kid-friendly, which is true of real French bistros. Daniel is really French! There are small rooms, a pretty outdoor patio, menu on a chalk board. I thought the food was lovely. Daniel speaks English and chatted with us for a long time about horses and was charming to the children. I'll definitely go there again!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I live here in Budapest. There are many French STYLE restaurants, and some French INSPIRED restaurants. But only 3 completely French restaurants - and Chez Daniel is the best choice of the 3.

True French cuisine - aperitifs - digestivs - Chef d' Cuisine - and PERSONALITY.

We have been to many excellent French restaurants in many different countries - the US, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, etc. We don't want to pay 200 euro for dinner - we want true French food for a fair price - and we know that that means quirks, and amazing dishes, come together.

Passion, Quality, strong French hospitality and personal touch filled this restaurant - and we are sure that we will continue to return to Chez Daniel when we need our French fix!

1  Thank ARInternational