“Paprika with Italian food. How could you go wrong. ”
Review of TG Italiano

TG Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
TG Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #451 of 3,710 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$ 29 - US$ 114
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

I love the blend of Hungarian and Italian food. Looking in the window we knew we had to eat here. Looking at pictures, looks like a lot of celebrities and politicians made the same decision.
We started with bruschetta. The paprika was in the vinegrette I think. It had a nice spicy kick I am not used to. I had risotto with shrimp for my meal. Wine seems more appropriate with Italian. But I was happy to order kingswood cider.
Attentive staff.

1  Thank Ellis_NC_IL
Aron_Remenyik, Közönségkapcsolati vezető at TG Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Ellis, Thank you very much for your review! We hope to see you again soon at TomGeorge!

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I just had my dinner, food is excellent, very slow, when they brought the bill they brought the bill of a different table 3 times wrongly first bill 3 times more, 2nd bill Double and last bill which is the correct one took 15 minutes time

Aron_Remenyik, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at TG Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Tarekelerian, We are very sorry for the mix up with your bills! :( We informed our managers about your case and are doing our best to improve our services!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Good service even though very objective and straight. My wife liked the fish (seabass grilled) and i asked a pasta which was ok. Mix salad can be shared easily. you need to be prepared for the noise and loud music.

Dear Goodhit, Thank you very much for your review! We hope to see you again soon at TomGeorge!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

This nice looking restaurant on St Stephan's Square is an enigma.
The food is very good, but the service is lacking.
We visited twice only because of the food.
During the first visit our waiter was Missing In Action during most of the service, was seen eating in the kitchen and must have gone home early because we had to ask another server for our check. We had to ask him multiple times for water, drinks, bread, etc.
We sat near the open kitchen grill/pizza area and observed that many finished dishes were left for a very long time before a waiter picked them up.
Fortunately the food was very good - mushroom risotto, caprese salad, pizza, carbonara, etc. were all executed well.
I wish the service met the level of the food, if it did I could rate TG's higher, but until then, no go.

Dear JerryGiam, We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our service! Please, accept our apologies, we'll do our best to improve it!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This Italian looked really inviting but the service is shocking, loads of staff but nothing going on.
We ordered drinks to start, G&T and Cuban cocktail. The cocktail came after our wine with the meal, I should have sent it back but hey I was looking forward to trying it.
Food ok, we just had a main which took ages then weren't even offered coffee and dessert just told we are closing in 5 minutes. Whole thing took nearly 3 hours ( look at the times on my photos).
We spoke to manager when leaving as there was still lots of people drinking and asked if we could have a coffee, he walked off and I thought to get coffees but never came back. Very disappointing end to a great business trip and it cost 76 Euro's! I would love to have the managers response please

1  Thank DiE29

Dear Di E, We are terribly sorry for your bad experience at TomGeorge! Thank you for taking your time to write such a detailed review, we forwarded it to our managers and will do our best to improve our services!