“Always read ur bill in this place ”
Review of TG Italiano

TG Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
TG Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #451 of 3,706 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$ 28 - US$ 113
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I just had my dinner, food is excellent, very slow, when they brought the bill they brought the bill of a different table 3 times wrongly first bill 3 times more, 2nd bill Double and last bill which is the correct one took 15 minutes time

Aron_Remenyik, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at TG Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Tarekelerian, We are very sorry for the mix up with your bills! :( We informed our managers about your case and are doing our best to improve our services!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Good service even though very objective and straight. My wife liked the fish (seabass grilled) and i asked a pasta which was ok. Mix salad can be shared easily. you need to be prepared for the noise and loud music.

Dear Goodhit, Thank you very much for your review! We hope to see you again soon at TomGeorge!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

This nice looking restaurant on St Stephan's Square is an enigma.
The food is very good, but the service is lacking.
We visited twice only because of the food.
During the first visit our waiter was Missing In Action during most of the service, was seen eating in the kitchen and must have gone home early because we had to ask another server for our check. We had to ask him multiple times for water, drinks, bread, etc.
We sat near the open kitchen grill/pizza area and observed that many finished dishes were left for a very long time before a waiter picked them up.
Fortunately the food was very good - mushroom risotto, caprese salad, pizza, carbonara, etc. were all executed well.
I wish the service met the level of the food, if it did I could rate TG's higher, but until then, no go.

Dear JerryGiam, We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our service! Please, accept our apologies, we'll do our best to improve it!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This Italian looked really inviting but the service is shocking, loads of staff but nothing going on.
We ordered drinks to start, G&T and Cuban cocktail. The cocktail came after our wine with the meal, I should have sent it back but hey I was looking forward to trying it.
Food ok, we just had a main which took ages then weren't even offered coffee and dessert just told we are closing in 5 minutes. Whole thing took nearly 3 hours ( look at the times on my photos).
We spoke to manager when leaving as there was still lots of people drinking and asked if we could have a coffee, he walked off and I thought to get coffees but never came back. Very disappointing end to a great business trip and it cost 76 Euro's! I would love to have the managers response please

1  Thank DiE29

Dear Di E, We are terribly sorry for your bad experience at TomGeorge! Thank you for taking your time to write such a detailed review, we forwarded it to our managers and will do our best to improve our services!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I should start by saying I've lived here for two years so my standards for service are actually very accommodating. I made a reservation here for a group of 12 people. Upon arrival we were moved three different times because the staff was unsure about which table was ours. This was only a minor inconvenience. Then we decided to order starters at which time we were informed that because we were such a large group we had "pre-ordered" starters already coming. Also...initially.. not a big deal except for the fact that in none of my e-mail correspondences with the restaurant was I informed of this. We decided not to fight it and received 4 or 5 massive plates of appetizers that were, not necessarily spectacular and we left one entire plate untouched as the portions were much larger then we would have ordered for our size group. The entrees were fine...again nothing spectacular. At the end we received our bill and saw that we had been charged over $100 for these pre-ordered appetizers that we didn't even want. I left the restaurant feeling cheated. This is incredibly sad because it is a beautiful place and is located in a very tourist-friendly area. One person in our party wrote the restaurant to discuss what had happened and received no reply. All in all the experience left us all feeling taken advantage of and really put a damper on our evening. It seems like there are a lot of positive reviews on here so I hope the rest of you have a better experience. Maybe just be careful with what they force you to buy.

1  Thank RaRaTCU08
Aron_Remenyik, PR at TG Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear RARA, We are sorry to see that you were not satisfied, however we are thankful for your thoughts, we will do our best to improve our services, please accept our apologies! Kind regards the TG Team