“Amazing restaurant”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just got back the second time here, as everything was extraordinary. The live music in the evening, the nice atmoshpere, the perfect service and the outstanding meal makes me recommend it with all my heart!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This more casual restaurant was a great experience. The food was equivalent to the best in Budapest, but the vibe much more laid back. The waiters were accommodating and helpful.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I have just come back from a lovely dining experience at Rezkakas which I shared with my wife, Tish, and our good friends Nick and Janet. First off, this is not a bistro - it is a fully-fledged white linen tablecloth restaurant. Secondly, the ambience is perfect and the food and service terrific.

We arrived on our second night in Budapest and tried our luck without a reservation. They said OK, but could we be finished for 8pm when they expected to turn the table?. It was 6pm (we had been boating on the Danube and fancied an early night) so we said "fine".

The first person to attend to us was the wonderful Csaba whose attentiveness, intelligence and warmth set the tone for the evening. Csaba was good company - he soon had us sampling the top-notch local plum liqueur - and, boy, does he know his way round the wine list (which is fairly extensive).

As we dined on perfectly cooked food, a violinist and double bass began playing at the end of the bar...not the cheesy table-visiting variety but a classy duo who not only played some atmospheric classical music but also threw in the main theme from The Lord of the Rings.

Csaba was supported by his helpful colleagues and we had a first-class meal washed down with good wine. Towards the end of the meal the maitre d' confided that he was gutted that Csaba was leaving for personal reasons. "He is good with the guests, good with the staff and really knows his wine" he said, lumpy: "We will really miss him".

After a perfect evening, Csaba pointed us in the direction of the nearest Metro, we paid a very large bill (look, stop whingeing all you cheapskates out there - you are on holiday!) and were about to head off when we spotted three gorgeous girls looking at the menu outside and debating whether or not to go in. "Just go in ladies, you will absolutely love this restaurant", we advised them.

I hope they took our advice and pushed the boat out to enjoy the food, the atmosphere and the team at Rezkakas - and I hope, dear reader, that when you are in Budapest that you will too.

3  Thank John W
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We visited Rezkakas on our first night in Budapest and it was the best restaurant we went to there!

The service was lovely and attentive and we were given a good table near the band who were lively and entertaining. The restaurant is well decorated, comfortable and looks fancy without being intimidating. A great spot for a romantic dinner or special occasion.

The food I would describe as refined Hungarian – we had the mixed hors d’oeuvres to start, delicious combination of cold meats, cheese and hot bites of chicken schnitzel (kind of like nuggets but better!) with fresh bread and butter.

For mains we both ordered the signature dish of mangalitsa pork topped with foie gras, mashed potato, breaded field mushrooms and mushroom sauce. Absolutely incredible meal, the pork was soft and flavourful, mash was unbelievably creamy and the sauce was delicious. One of the best pieces of pork I’ve eaten, and the foie gras cooked perfectly – I’m not usually a fan but I ate it all. We were recommended a wonderful wine to go with it (the Reskakas Selection Villanyi Kefrankos) which was perfect, nice to try a local wine and not be ripped off by the restaurants' recommendation which was actually reasonably priced.

We shared a somloi galuska for dessert – a sponge, cream, chocolate and nut pudding which was surprisingly light and not too sweet, the perfect way to end the meal.

This all came to €110 for two of us, less than I expected for what we had (including two glasses of wine each, soft drinks and bottled still water). Overall a lovely restaurant with excellent food, service and entertainment. I would not hesitate to come here again!

4  Thank Rena K
Reviewed 25 March 2018

The menu listed goose, but when my wife ordered it the waiter said "it's duck now." She tried it anyway, but it was so salty she didn't eat it.

The menu listed ribs, but when I ordered it the waiter said "it's pork shank now". I tried it anyway and was so hungry I ate it even though it was ridiculously over-salted.

The high-pressure waiter repeatedly interrupted us, *loomed* over the table leaning in awkwardly, and when told no, I don't want another drink, pushed with "are you sure? Sure?"

Worst meal of our three-week vacation.

3  Thank confidious