“Nice Stop”

Ranked #1,059 of 3,734 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Good solid food-nothing off the chain but good. The service is a little better than average and they are pretty fast with the service. The offerings are good and they do have Chinese and Thai options to start.

Date of visit: September 2015

Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Besides Taiwan it's the best Chineese restaurant in Bp. I have to visit them at least once a month. They also have lunch menu for a very reasonable price.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 14 July 2015

It is hard to rate a chinese restaurant, because I haven't been to China or Asia, so I don't really know how should it be.
But I have been in many chinese restaurants in different european countries, so I must compare to them.
First of all it is not a 'fast chinese buffet' this is really a restaurant. The menu card is sooooo wide with really authentic chinese foods, so I have to say this is quite an authentic chinese restaurant. In hungary it is hard to find a restaurant which has live lobster, but they do and also other type of crabs.
The restaurant's interior is really asian, chinese, with big, round tables with the rotatable insert in the middle of the table.
Hong Kong restaurant has a 'brother' called Taiwan; I know that place for a long time, and love it. (near Nagyvárad square). Taiwan is a bit better, i think.
I ate here chili chicken with brown pasta (don't know the english name of the food) which was good but not fantastic. My friends picked hot chicken wings with rice, which were cold when served (the wings) and the wings were a bit dry and not enough hot'n'spicy as they told.
Actually, the food was good, especially comparing to chinese buffets, but 5 drinks, 3 plates and a dessert cost 50$ with tip. The price is okay for a restaurant I guess, but I felt like it was more expensive than it worth.
In addition, the service was very slow. We made a phone call with our orders 20 minits before we arrived, and yet we had to wait more than 30 mins for our plates. The restaurant was almost empty, however, they were preparing fa table for an asian company company who have arrived during our dinner.
Have to mention that they have a cosy terrace with shadow.

In a nutshell, if You are around and want authentic chinese food it may worth a visit. But if You have the chance to plan Your dinner/supper, You should pick Taiwan restaurant. (http://www.taiwan-restaurant.hu/taiwan/)

Date of visit: July 2015
2  Thank riccsi
Reviewed 21 March 2015

a bit off from the beaten tracks, just next to the (I think) Chinese Trade Office. Mainly orintel guests. Excellent food and service

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 20 March 2015

We've been here with friends who told us to try this place. Entering to the restaurant, the first thing we realised, that there are Chinese people there only. The only Hungarian was a waiter. But both all guests and those work in the kitchen and on the floor, all Chinese.

We were not disappointed by the food neither! It was tasty, better than expected! Actually far the best we have ever had in Hungary -talking about Chinese cousine.

Must try!