All reviews chain bridge excellent location cold meats clean tidy good size air con priced hotel within walking distance staff on reception free wifi the river breakfast room included breakfast stayed here for nights yogurt city break high ceilings
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

This was an amazing Hotel. We had a room with an amazing sight on the balcony of the church :)) And the kitchen has a microwave, fridge, oven, stove, ect,... And nearby there a bunch of cool stuff like their hostel :))

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We spent 4 fabulous days in the beautiful city of Budapest and our experience was made even better by being lucky enough to have chosen the Central Basilica.

It a lovely little hotel just steps away from St Stephens Basilica as well as numerous bars and restaurants.

The hotel's décor is very minimalist and tasteful as well as being spotlessly clean with beds and towels changed daily. We stayed in one of the standard rooms on the inside of the hotel. The room was a good size with a lovely big bathroom - I would have preferred a shower rather than a bath but that's just me.

Breakfast was included. It included a nice selection of cold meat, cheese, yoghurt, fruit,bread etc as well as some hot food including eggs - provided a good start to our daily wanderings. The young man who was on duty most morning (sorry didn't catch his name) made the whole process look effortless as did all the staff in the hotel, they were there if you needed them otherwise they just blended in - very professional.

Totally recommend this charming hotel and will definitely use again on our next visit to Budapest.

One very little request would be a price list for the mini-bar would be helpful

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I spent 1 night in the hotel, and a series of unfortunate events happened to me all at once.
First, I have asked for a lamp in my room, since I had to work and there was a beautiful desk without a lamp (and the room had terrible enlightenment). Impossible to get it, even the hotel manager was not able to help.
Then, my room was quite cold and the thermostat was broken.... so I had a long hot shower, and of course the fire/fog alarm went on. Of course, regardless from the temperature outside and the broken thermostat, I was compelled to keep the windows open "for 15 minutes" !!!
Last, breakfast is really not adequate for a 4-star hotel.
Location is however great.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank gugraffadali
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Reasonably priced hotel, smackbang in the centre of Budapest. Very new and modern rooms and facilities, very comfortable beds. Very nice breakfast. Was a great place to spend my last night in Budapest.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2017

This hotel is right by St Stephens Basilica so it is very easy to navigate to lots of the main attractions around Budapest. It is about a 5minute walk to the Danube. Our room was large and quite comfortable but the shower in the bathroom was very small. The air conditioning was not good and really didn't cool the room down at all, the hot water in the shower was also hit and miss. Breakfast was included in the price and was the usual bread, cold meats, fruit yoghurts etc with some warm included (scrambled egg/sausages). Hot drinks were available but not apparently English Breakfast?! We asked the waitresses if they had any but none of them seemed to understand what we were talking about. One went and fetched what they had and so we ended up with Earl Grey and Green (it wasn't too much of a problem as there was a Starbucks just over the road). The waitresses in the dining room did not come across very friendly but the staff on reception were very helpful. This hotel was recommended to us for its location and for that I couldn't fault it and to be fair if we ever visit Budapest again we would probably stay again. Wifi is free and good

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple