The accommodation is low-budget as far as facilities and interior is concerned, certainly not worth the price of 70 euros per night that we paid. Maybe if we had booked direct the price would be lower and that the travel agent we used made a very cosy profit. If we had known there was a mercure hotel nearby we would certainly have booked there. We dont usually book through a travel agent, and this is a typical example of why nowadays it is best to book your hotels yourself.The area and the accommodation was a big disappointment, one can certainly say the rooms at boulevard city are overpriced, considering it is not a regular hotel. When passing through France, we sometimes stay overnight at the very low-cost B&B hotels in france and compared to BCG those B&B hotels are luxury hotels!!! We knew BCG also had apartments, but we thought it was a combination of a small hotel with apartments adjoining. however, the 'hotel' part are located in the same building as the apartments, only on the top floor and our room was small. Also, there is not a daily receptionist at hand because the reception area closes at 1 p.m. The receptionist who checked us in though was very helpful and friendly, but she left soon after we checked in. The smells of the kebab shop underneath wafted into our room - we like to open our windows even when cold, if only for 30 minutes if very cold, but this was not an option unless you did not mind the smell of old cooking oil or something similar.
Beds were not very comfortable. Shower Room small, though clean. Room less so, dust under beds. Breakfast is very basic and poor considering the price per night. Not near the city centre but not too far away either.The area is not too bad, but there is not much choice of restaurants nearby. However, public transport is close by or if you prefer, call a taxi. The taxi is not expensive and they usually arrive within 15 minutes. Close to the river and ideal for a brisk walk in the morning or a leisurely stroll at night along the river bank.
Despite all the above, we would recommend this accommodation for [young] people travelling on a tight budget and wanting to stay a bit longer than one week. If you like your comfort and a good breakfast, you should try somewhere else.
We would not recommend this guesthouse for people who like their comfort and convenience and willing to pay a reasonable price for that. At Boulevard City there is not much of either. The best thing about this place was the receptionist, who unfortunately is only on site in the morning as far as we could see.I think the mistake is with our travel agent who probably knowingly booked us here instead of a hotel, but charged us hotel rates nevertheless. So we cannot really blame BCG, but it is best that if you are looking for a reasonable hotel that you know this is not the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boulevard City Guesthouse is located in a multifloors building in Budapest offering overnight with breakfast and apartments. Comfortable double-rooms and apartments in country house style equipped with showers, TV, fridge are situated on the upper floors of the building. The apartments provide enough space for 2-6 people and amenities for self-catering. In the Boulevard City Guesthouse breakfast can be booked. In summer our terrace is a nice place for having a calm and relaxed breakfast. The Boulevard City is quietly but centrally located in Budapest, 5 walking minutes from the Danube's bank on Pest side and from the Big Ring Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Boulevard City Guesthouse Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boulevard City Guesthouse And Apartments
- Boulevard City Guesthouse & Apartments Hotel Budapest